Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone,

Just ordered a minty looking (albeit with some restoration) Seiko 6105-8110.

Really looking forward to this one.

I am "stealing" one picture from the seller... but I will post more when it arrives (thanks to the seller for providing the picture):

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

sweeeet. i think a 6105 may pop up on my radar sometime in the coming year.

the resto job that was done- did they use an aftermarket dial/hands or did they restore them?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

four20 wrote:
sweeeet. i think a 6105 may pop up on my radar sometime in the coming year.

the resto job that was done- did they use an aftermarket dial/hands or did they restore them?
Apparently only the crystal and the bezel insert were upgraded (sapphire crystal and bezel insert from Yabokies).

I just had to have the watch as it looks mint (but I am sure there are going to be some marks on a 40 year old watch when I look up close to it)

I have also have the potential to be REALLY bad... I have a line on a 6306 on ebay that has also been restored... but much more parts for that one are aftermarket.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I saw a 6309 on E-Bay modded with the 6105 Dial & Hands - I really like the look of this dial

Congrats - although I am slighty Jealous!!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

andrema wrote:
Nice.

Is that the original dial?
apparently it is the original dial. The seller indicated that he only upgraded the crystal and the bezel insert.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I saw a 6309 on E-Bay modded with the 6105 Dial & Hands - I really like the look of this dial

Congrats - although I am slighty Jealous!!!

Thanks George. I was waffling between the 6306 and the 6105. I still may purchase the 6306.

I like the big cushion on the 6105 and how it is not symetrical (it is offset).

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Very cool vintage Seiko!
I really like the looks of it. Look forward to your pics and thoughts when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Hi Everyone. I have finally received my 6105 and unpacked it. I have ordered a waffle strap for the watch from WJean and I am waiting for its arrival (yes, this not original, but apparently original waffle straps go for $400 to $600 per... for a strap???

Any how.... love the watch... looks great. Love the off set cushion on the watch... it spreads out... I looks great (please excuse some of the photos... not very good, but here they are).

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
imported post

VERY VERY NICE ZENRAG. That is beautiful.

I may have to add one of those to my list...at least until I study up a bit more about these vintage Seikos. I know I like them a lot..but I still need to get educated about them.

Thanks again for sharing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts