Registered
11,016 Posts
Cool!! Looking forward to seeing them strapped up to the Primo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks #four. I've been wanting a really strap for the Primo for a while, but it's just been impossible to find anything in 23mm. These both have the look I want in the size I want. With a deployment clasp, no less. Slowly cutting out my obsession with NATO/Zulu and Perlon straps.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
I ordered the same as the first one you showed in green for my MM300. They are very nice. I really like the simple deployant clasp.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Do you have it already? I've seen strap code suggested a lot, but never seen a review on any strap bought from them. I'm a little iffy on if they were worth the purchase price.

·
Registered
354 Posts
They sure look good!

Honestly, $63 for a nice strap is not a lot of money. The last strap I bought was about $100. Even the cheapies usually go for $30-40.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts

Both in 23mm for my Primo from strap code. Seemed a bit expensive to me, but I hope it's worth it. Couldn't find either strap on their sister site.
You have any photos showing the setup on the clasp?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Both in 23mm for my Primo from strap code. Seemed a bit expensive to me, but I hope it's worth it. Couldn't find either strap on their sister site.
You have any photos showing the setup on the clasp?

Here ya go.

I will admit, they look nice. And I was scared about paying that much each for both. But I'm happy with the decision, now. I was mostly just worried about the quality, add I've been burned by Chinese sellers before (I.e. "Mature Automata/ Wrist Game) back when I started getting heavy into watches, and didn't know much about the "mushroom" market.

·
Super Moderator
10,616 Posts
Those look incredible Falkon ! :eek: :eek: Thinking they will be something to see in person too, and definitely worth it. Yowza, going to be awesome !!! :smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. I can't wait to get them on the wrist, either. Should be delivered to the house by the time I get back to Georgia from Houston tomorrow.

In case some of you haven't seen it, this is the watch I'm buying these straps for

I never really anyone with it in stainless or on a bracelet. These should add a little extra Flare, I hope. Lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, the straps came in yesterday, and I got back into town last night. Perfect timing. This morning, this is what I've done. Sorry for using the flash on all my pictures. The lighting is terrible in this house, and its pretty cloudy outside.

Anyway, here's the straps with the watch

These are pretty nicely padded at the top.

The black strap was pretty pliable, mostly because of the holes. The grey strap is pretty stiff. Needs some break in time.

Here's the locking/unlocking mechanism. Love how is so simple.

And here's the adjustment side.

Again, very simple. Thicker or stiffer straps may give you some issues if you want to use this type of clasp.

All together

I'm actually on the 6th hold, counting from the tail end.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, here's the watch with the grey strap. Again, a bit stiff, but a break in will make it fit better.

The clearances between the lugs are tight. I actually prefer it that way. There seems to be a built in design that allows you to kind of push the strap out the way to get a spring pin tool in. Pretty neat. Since I'm so close to the end of the adjustment holes, I'm pretty happy with the space being taken up by the overlapping straps. It feels comfortable. If I was to wear it for a day, of forget I have it on.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here it is with the rally strap.

This will be getting the most wrist time. Unfortunately, the coating on the sides of the strap squeak of I move the watch around a lot. It should fade in time, though. Just a small annoyance.

The sued looks great with the stainless. Great contrast of textures, in my opinion. I've been wearing this pretty much all morning, except when I had to help cook breakfast.

Although the brushed finish on the clasp doesn't match the finish on the watch (the watch is more coarse), it works well because the case between the lugs is polished. Throws the eye of enough unless you really pay attention. Again, super comfy and looks great. I wish the had one with red stitching. It would be the perfect match for this watch.

·
Super Moderator
10,616 Posts
It's funny Falkon, had thought these looked great in the stock pictures, but then when seeing them on the watches !!! Holy cow ! :smileyface_hand_cla:smileyface_hand_claNever really change straps on watches, but every time when I see how amazing watches can look with aftermarket ones. It's stunning !!! The whole style, along with materials used on these is fantastic, and looks fantastic with the watches ! Huge congrats Falkon ! Keep on enjoying !

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Tom. I always think the Strapcode pics look extra nice and am afraid the actual straps may be a let down. That certainly does not appear to be the case.

I bought a couple from Taikonaut Time, which I believe is the same company. I have not ordered in a long while because most of their straps are 115/75 and too short for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts