Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Picked it up this morning before work so I didn't have time to size.

Finally home

That bezel ! Pure love !

The much needed icing on the cake

Absolutely in love !
The sunburst brushed finish is my favorite finish of any watch I've ever owned. The crown guards popping out of that turbine bezel, oh wow! My favorite hour markers, favorite bracelet and just the perfect size and feel on the wrist. Complete joy!

Been wearing this one for a week straight since it arrived. Even when I start the day with a different watch, I always finish it with the Viking. Finally landed a flat version and I'm in love. The lines of this watch are so sexy !

Then I got this one that shipped yesterday from overseas.

I'm really pumped about this one! = Huge Understatement

I had this same case and bezel but with SS bezel insert that I was always scared of scratching along with the dome sapphire. Best watch I ever owned.

Now I'm getting a flat sapphire crystal and sapphire lumed bezel insert.

Can't wait !

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival and on the incoming a superb duo.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Sweet double play Luis!! Congrats

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot, everyone ! Hoping end of this week but might be next week. Wearing the Viking again today.

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Luis, can see why this one ends up finding it's way back onto the wrist all of the time ! :smile-thumb2:Just is awesome sir !!! The design really has it's roots in the past with the epic dive design. However, it really reaches for the future too with the whole case design, bezel, and dial. Even the crown guard is unbelievable, and plays off the different design elements. Boy oh boy, enjoy Luis. Congratulations ! :eek:

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot, everyone ! The Orca cleared customs and left Los Angeles on its way here so I should have it by Saturday and I can't wait ! Might miss it because of work but I'll pick up Monday as worst case scenario.

Luis, can see why this one ends up finding it's way back onto the wrist all of the time ! :smile-thumb2:Just is awesome sir !!! The design really has it's roots in the past with the epic dive design. However, it really reaches for the future too with the whole case design, bezel, and dial. Even the crown guard is unbelievable, and plays off the different design elements. Boy oh boy, enjoy Luis. Congratulations ! :eek:
Thanks a lot, Tom! I complete agree. I compare the Viking to the Deep Blue Master 2000 I used to have (and miss) on steroids. The Orca has the best bracelet and bezel I've ever seen (to my eyes). Something about that tourbine bezel that's just so special to me, as well as the sunburst brushed finish. I was never proud to let the other Orca go but I didn't regret it. The scratch factor really scared me.

This is the view that I'm missing and won't have to anymore.

Best finish I ever owned

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Thanks a lot, everyone ! The Orca cleared customs and left Los Angeles on its way here so I should have it by Saturday and I can't wait ! Might miss it because of work but I'll pick up Monday as worst case scenario.

Thanks a lot, Tom! I complete agree. I compare the Viking to the Deep Blue Master 2000 I used to have (and miss) on steroids. The Orca has the best bracelet and bezel I've ever seen (to my eyes). Something about that tourbine bezel that's just so special to me, as well as the sunburst brushed finish. I was never proud to let the other Orca go but I didn't regret it. The scratch factor really scared me.

This is the view that I'm missing and won't have to anymore.

Best finish I ever owned

You are very welcome Luis. :) Both of those are real lookers there ! :eek: :eek:

Glad you'll have a new Orca to fill the void of the one you used to have by the way ..Going to be great hearing what you think about that one when it comes in sir. Until then, keep enjoying your new Tempest.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
you should have kept that all SS orca !

either way congrats on the 2 additions! Both winners!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you should have kept that all SS orca !

either way congrats on the 2 additions! Both winners!
Thank you and I know what you mean :) you're our resident Orca Guru...

I don't have any regrets and this is why...

Before and After :)

"There can only be one"

If money wasn't an issue, I'd own but given the option, I made the right decision. Grey Sapphire bezel and the Doxa inspired dial became my dream watch. I don't even want that dream silver Doxa I always wanted.

I do understand where you're coming from though, you have a jaw dropping Orca collection :smile-thumb2:

It's like that Deep Blue I mentioned earlier, I don't regret it cus I don't like those easy to scratch oxidized aluminum or PVD bezel inserts, for the money. Beautiful watch but not for me, at this point. I'm too clumsy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Danny T

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Orca is drop-dead gorgeous, but there's something about that Viking on the brown leather NATO that makes my knees turn to jelly!

Well done! Enjoy!!!!
Hey thanks a lot ! Very much appreciated :)

Would you believe they're only 8 or 9 bucks brand new on eBay ? Yeah I have 4 or 5 by now between 22 and 24mm. From infantry. It's not incredible quality but it really feel super nice on the wrist and accomplish the look you want.
They have about 5 different colors with either PVD or SS hardware. Let me know if you need a link. And it ships from USA.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, Scott.

I love the Viking in every way and now the Orca honeymoon begins :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts