Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these two beauties in the mail today!

The Seiko was a "just because" gift from the wifey. Knowing that I've been gunning for the Prospex Blue Baby Tuna (which in her opinion looked too much of a watch on my wrist), she thought she would cut me off from getting one by giving me the Cocktail Time. So far it's worked, but I told her there's no guarantee I won't get the Baby Tuna in the future.

The Maranez Rawai came from a straight private online purchase with someone on another forum. Been wanting the stainless steel version, but decided to get the brass case instead. If I can use just one word to describe this beast, it would be "chunky." Definitely more of a beast than the Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, but with a smaller dial which makes the case stand out more.

Pics:

Seiko Cocktail Time (SARB065):

Maranez Rawai Brass:

Wrist shots tomorrow (hopefully)!

Reactions: arogle1stus

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice pair Dale!! Congrats and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bentfish

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
Those are ridiculously nice Fish ! Holy cowza, the Seiko has a classic, almost vintage vibe with it's design, but also dial markers, and hand set-up. Even the textured dial is off the charts ! :smile-thumb: Then the Rawai has this killer vibe too like it's half vintage, but half futuristic, and other worldly. Love that combo ! You must be really enjoying these so much. Wow ! Giant double dueling congratulations sir !!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Wrist shots:

The Beauty:

and The Beast:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
me luv JDM COCKTAIL TIME... so there are 3 dial configs ?

mines got kinda shiny black strap blue stitches

which dial is this ? the pale light blue like a wispy cloud violet ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
me luv JDM COCKTAIL TIME... so there are 3 dial configs ?

mines got kinda shiny black strap blue stitches

which dial is this ? the pale light blue like a wispy cloud violet ?
Yup, there are three dial configs. This one's the one with the wispy blue/violet version with the black strap and blue stitching. I didn't like that at all as it looked a little cheap to me, so I replaced it with a brown alligator strap immediately upon getting it. I might get an ostrich strap in a lighter brown hue in the future.

Reactions: 1stiski and scotty

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Yup, there are three dial configs. This one's the one with the wispy blue/violet version with the black strap and blue stitching. I didn't like that at all as it looked a little cheap to me, so I replaced it with a brown alligator strap immediately upon getting it. I might get an ostrich strap in a lighter brown hue in the future.
yeah... OEM strap looks crap 2 me 2... but mine is doing fine cherry in the vault... i thought about a PEARL STINGRAY... but... switched my credit line to other toys...

2 nice PUs

·
Registered
920 Posts
I still have the black and blue stitch on mine, but seeing yours with the brown takes the Cocktail to a new level... Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: scotty
1 - 14 of 14 Posts