1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Not a bad "American" made watch, even if the back of the Movement say's "Swiss"??

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a bad "American" made watch, even if the back of the Movement say's "Swiss"??

A majority of the parts are made by Weiss. If you bothered to read anything about the watch movement, it is a Swiss movement, but each one is assembled and finished by Weiss in the US, not Korea, not China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very interesting! Which movement runs this beauty?
Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1001 mechanical movement, 6497 base, finished and assembled in Los Angeles, California from Swiss parts

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Ah, another "made in the U.S.A" but just assembled. You know,
fit together the separate component parts. C'mon guys, let's not water down what it really means. It's a bad road to travel.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah, another "made in the U.S.A" but just assembled. You know,
fit together the separate component parts. C'mon guys, let's not water down what it really means. It's a bad road to travel.

They make their components and assemble/finish the movement...not anything like the other companies. This is a legit watchmaker

http://weisswatchcompany.com/pages/about-weiss

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They receive the movements in parts, finish the parts and assemble the movements...how hard is that to understand. Cameron has extensive training as a watchmaker from AP and the Hayek watchmaking school. Do a little reading guys and don't just blindly comment and crap on an incoming thread...

Keep it up...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.