Watch Freeks banner

Just in: Gruppo Gamma G-12D Vanguard PVD!

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  bentfish 
#1 ·
Bought from a fellow WIS a few days ago and it arrived today. This thing is chuuunky with a great set of straps (one black with white stitching and a dark blue one). This one's really a keeper!

Photos:

See less See more
#5 ·
Gruppo Gamma seems to be a stand-up company making very good quality stuff. Yours looks fantastic! More pics are always appreciated!

I've been flirting with their bronze Vanguards, but there's something about the teal and green dials that holds me back. If they had a brown or black dial on the bronze, I think I'd pull the trigger.

Thanks for the thread and the pics!

#6 ·
Yeah wow, that looks great Fish ! :eek: :cool: The finish, along with shape, and shapes, or edges within the case are excellent. Can really get that chunky vibe you're talking about. ..Really like the stealth mixed with class. It's awesome ! Those straps are outstanding as well. Yowza, really is a winner there ! Huge congratulations on it !!! ..Keep enjoying sir. :)

#7 ·
Question, are the markers and numerals engraved into the dial face, because they appear that way in the photo.

If they are, that's a big plus!

Reactions: bentfish
#9 ·
Thanks guys.

Chazman, it's a sandwich dial. They hole-punched the pips and the Arabic numerals on the face and added another lumed layer underneath that, similar to most Panerai watches you see these days.

#13 ·
Great ! Now another question, what is the width of the straps, and are the straps water proof?

#15 ·
Affirmative on the 24mm strap with. As far as the water resistance of the straps, I've never tested it, but I have to concur with tattoo chef. It's quite supple and soft. If water is introduced, I fear the leather may harden and crack.

As an observation, it took me a while to get this piece off my wrist due to the thickness of the strap and the buckle point's shape. I'll post photos tomorrow of what I mean when I'm sober.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.