Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, My Birthday watch gift from wifey just arrived from Berlin!
Its an Asroavia chrono. Listed at 139 Euros on their site but obtained for the measly sum of $59 on their Amazon site, with free shipping, although it did take a while to get here! ordered on the 6th arrived on the 21st. Minimal packaging as you will see from the pics but arrived undamaged and working fine. Its just supposed to be an everyday beater for me so I can give the 009 a rest!
First impressions:
I like it a lot, nice solid weight, brushed matt stainless all over, decent lume even. Japanese VD57 quartz.
Easy to read which is important for me,hacking second hand, plus 1/10 sec chrono!
in short seems to be much more watch than it's $60 would have you think.
Here are its specs:

ASTROAVIA CHRONOGRAPH

• Chronograph with VD57 Japan movement
  • Chrono 60 minutes timer.
  • 1/10 seconds increment timing.
  • 60 seconds timing
  • Date
  • Continuously go, large sekonds hand
  • Tachymeter Skala
  • Dial: matt black
  • Hands and numbers luminova ® Illumination.
  • Mat stainless steel casing.
  • Mat stainless steel casing, mat
  • Diameter 40 mm, depth 11 mm
  • Screw fitting stainless steel rear casing
  • Stainless steel band 22mm
  • Hardwearing mineral glass (plain).
  • 3 atm water resistant

Attachments

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Very Sharp Looking Watch!! Lovin' those red accents. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Registered
915 Posts
Very nice piece for very little $

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What a great looking pilot, and WOW, what a price!!!!!!

I really like the choice of green and white markers on the dial. It's also just the right amount so that it looks lively without going over the cliff and becoming too busy. Reminds me of what a dial in the cockpit might look like: precise, informational, but yet readily readable.

GREAT pick up there!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, forgot to mention, they also come in 42mm if you like a larger size. I've been wearing this one all day, it's really comfortable, and very easy to read.
But check out their prices on Amazon before ordering.
Cheers
D.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes arogle , got it from their Zon page.
Makes ordering a breeze plus there is quite a price difference between their actual website and their Amazon page. Although they seem to have a few more choices on their actual website. But buying in the Zon is just nice and easy to do right? Sometimes too easy!lol
Just noticed they have recently added some new models, check out their GMTs and alarm versions. Very cool range. I like this company, waiting so see a mechanical from them!
Cheers
D.

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Whoa, Happy Birthday to you Nikon !!! :smile-thumb2::) :smileyface_hand_cla

This is one ridiculously nice looking watch ! :eek: Actually is amazing for the price with all of the details with the case, bracelet, and of course dial. Liking the mix of different colors they used with the dial. Wow, never really see that ! ..At the same time, there is this very high end feel with everything. Even the red pusher, and case-back are phenomenal ! This is a beauty ! Happy Birthday once again, and congratulations to you !

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Nikon:
The Zon only displays their chronos. I gather they sell GMT and 3 hand models too?
On the their website they say that Miyota OS80's are the movement used. But on the
Zon theyre powered by the VD57 movement. Which is it OS80 or VD57 movements?

Got any info on that?

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The paperwork that came with mine says VD57, I suspect that the os80 is used in the GMTs? I don't really know much about movement versions so maybe someone with more knowledge than me can have a look into that? I'm always willing to learn something new!
All I know is that this watch runs great feels very comfortable and was great value.
Cheers
D.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The R6S is an alarm chrono, they run the OS80, and are $159, at least that's what I see on the Zon!
Don't see any GMTs on that page anymore, maybe they sold out? They have a couple of dressier 3 hands on their own website .
Hope you find the one that speaks to you!
Cheers
Derek

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
killer EURO VALUE CHRONO FROM THE RHINELAND

always a merry B'Day when wifey doesn't do a HUGE CC CHARGE for your present-

" that man is wealthiest whose pleasures are least expensive "

HENRY DAVID THOREAU

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scotty, wifey is the major earner these days so SHE is in charge of the CC! Lol.
She said to just find something I like and she would buy it with her Prime. Could have been $50 or $500 and it would be ok with her! In fact she asked if I was sure it was an "ok" watch for that amount! My wifey is great, however she doesn't understand this "watch" thing.
Cheers
D.

Reactions: scotty
1 - 20 of 20 Posts