Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My lady bought me a Skagen Ancher Leather Chronograph for Christmas. I've been eyeing some Skagens for a while for there simplicity and affordability to add some diversity to the watch collection. I wanted something more business attire oriented that was also thin and light for comfort. She hit a home run as far as I'm concerned.

Review: (Pulled from the review I left on the Skagen website)
The dial color is brilliant and beautiful. The smaller dials are small and yet still readable for my young eyes. I like the look of a chronograph, though have little use for the function. The chronograph works well and is not just a jump second timer, but multiple steps between. It looks almost like what you would expect from a manual or automatic winding watch movement. The chronograph buttons are responsive and easy to push. The time is a little harder to set due the smooth crown though it is workable. I just have to squeeze it a little harder as I turn in as compared to my other timepieces. The watch strap is very comfortable and soft on the wrists, and black has a nice soft texture without having a dull look. This is one of the more comfortable straps that I've experienced at this price point. A very comfortable and nice watch for a formal event, business meeting, or daily business casual environment. It has an elegance to it that can work in all environments equally well. Probably not a weekend with jeans type of watch. I would have given 4.5 if that was optional (Skagen has a 5 star rating system in their reviews online). The only loss of any stars is simply due to the difficulty in setting the watch. Otherwise, I would recommend this model to others as long as you are not looking for a chronograph specifically for that function. The chronograph works quite well; however, if you need this function specifically, you would be better off with a dial that has additional markings to read the dials more accurately to the fraction of the second to which the movement runs.

I'll post some wrist shots next time I wear it... probably sometime this week.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Wow, very clean looking, super thin watch! Nice I have a square faced Skagen on mesh in my collection. Classy looking watches.

Reactions: FunkDaLicious
1 - 3 of 3 Posts