Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Watch Freek
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, just got banned. I dared to complain about the poor regulation of my Super Compressor, and the poor customer service, and they gave me a one day ban. Came back the next day and was banned for life. Seriously, I didn't realise it was the CW appreciation forum, not a discussion forum. How very strange, great watch though

·
Watch Freek
536 Posts
I had this happen one on the Rob Chapman forum about his guitars.. I asked about a model, then found some reviews online that showed some major flaws a few years ago, posted a link and asked if those flaws had been rectified.

I was banned within an hour.

If you aren't happy with the watch, send it back.

·
Aspiring Expert
1,439 Posts
I had this happen one on the Rob Chapman forum about his guitars.. I asked about a model, then found some reviews online that showed some major flaws a few years ago, posted a link and asked if those flaws had been rectified.

I was banned within an hour.

If you aren't happy with the watch, send it back.
I've found that most guitar forums have what's called a no "agenda posts" rule which basically means you can't say anything bad about any brand of guitar no matter how true it may be... Not that you EVEN SAID anything bad about it! You just asked a fricking question!

Right or Wrong, the CW forum may have such a rule...

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
Oh boy, that is not right MW. 🙁So sorry that happened to you. 😔

Now forgive me, but is the CW forum run by Christopher Ward? Or is
it just a forum by fans of the brand? If it is run by the company I would
be really upset. But if it is run by some evidently thin skinned intolerant
people looking to punish you. Then maybe the ban is actually incredibly
good news ! :D😄

My apologies once again Wiggles, but thanks for the news about it
in any case !!!

·
Aspiring Expert
1,439 Posts
Oh boy, that is not right MW. 🙁So sorry that happened to you. 😔

Now forgive me, but is the CW forum run by Christopher Ward? Or is
it just a forum by fans of the brand? If it is run by the company I would
be really upset. But if it is run by some evidently thin skinned intolerant
people looking to to punish you. Then maybe the ban is actually incredibly
good news ! :D😄

My apologies once again Wiggles, but thanks for the news about it
in any case !!!
I fully agree, If it is run by the company I would be very upset with every right to be!

·
Long Time Member
268 Posts
I might be next [mention]Mrs Wiggles [/mention] !
They’ve had one of mine for warranty service since November, still no date for the return. 2nd time with the same issue too.
Bummer, I like their watches.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Same thing happened to me on the Time Factors forum (TZ-UK). The rumors about Eddie being a d*** are true.

Reactions: Accutronitis

·
135 Posts
I got banned from Watchlords for defending Jim Skelton when they celebrated his wife being terminally ill. What a bunch of assholes. I was done with them anyway.

Other than that, I've been banned from many drinking establishments, if that makes you feel any better.

·
Aspiring Expert
1,439 Posts
I got banned from Watchlords for defending Jim Skelton when they celebrated his wife being terminally ill. What a bunch of assholes. I was done with them anyway.

Other than that, I've been banned from many drinking establishments, if that makes you feel any better.
You don't say?!? Who would have thought?!? :eek: ;)

The first word that comes to mind after reading your story is "hypocrite" when I think of the owner of that place.

They really don't like it when you defend yourself or others...

RANT in 5, 4, 3, 2...

·
Aspiring Expert
1,439 Posts
This thread should probably be locked before it blows up...

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,395 Posts
I'm on my ninth Facebook 30 day suspension for comments on Politico, guess its time for Gab or Parlor for me!

·
Oris Freek
3,390 Posts
Honestly, just got banned. I dared to complain about the poor regulation of my Super Compressor, and the poor customer service, and they gave me a one day ban. Came back the next day and was banned for life. Seriously, I didn't realise it was the CW appreciation forum, not a discussion forum. How very strange, great watch though
View attachment 133778
In the words of the great Jack Nicholson. "They can't handle the truth" !!! :D

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,395 Posts
Outside of the Chris Wards bland 'Cigarette Warning Label" Font they use as their branding logo, this gives me yet another reason why I will never buy one, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

I'm not at all surprised. That forum is very strange.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can’t say for sure why you were banned, but you started multiple posts on the CW site, then here, then WUS, and possibly other places complaining CW had screwed you over on your watch because it ran +20 s/d, which is in spec.

Maybe they just didn’t like you.

·
Watch Freek
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can’t say for sure why you were banned, but you started multiple posts on the CW site, then here, then WUS, and possibly other places complaining CW had screwed you over on your watch because it ran +20 s/d, which is in spec.

Maybe they just didn’t like you.
My complaint was about CW customer service, and I 'm not the only one either. See above

·
Registered
197 Posts
My complaint was about CW customer service, and I 'm not the only one either. See above
I saw your complaint. I see these other comments about the CW forum.

You didn’t get banned for complaining about service. There are threads that go on and on. I’m guessing you got banned for posting the same complaint all over the internet when it’s not even a valid complaint. You want CW to fix a watch that’s in spec. What do you not understand about how annoying it is listening to you complain over and over and not listen to reason? Apparently someone over there has a very little patience with this sort of thing.

Edit #1 - Regarding the forum, it is not run from the ivory tower, but I do believe it is owned by CW. I do not see any official communications from CW on the forum, ever. I do see releases of information through a mod who knows the owners.

There are two things different about the CW forum that some might think is different. And I’m saying this based on my own observations. First, it is very personal. Members refer to each other by name and definitely keep up with each other. Secondly, it’s very civil. And I mean VERY civil.

There are times over the almost 10 years I’ve been there that I pushed the envelope being uncivil. I’ll admit it. The funny thing is, as the internet seems to degrade into worse and worse “anonymous hit jobs”, the more I’m getting frustrated and finding places like CW forum to be a refuge.

I think your style of complaining just rubbed the mods the wrong way. I suspect they’ve seen what happens with people who post three different threads complaining about a watch that’s in spec, and don’t want to deal with it.

If you want to be a member there, I would email them and say you would like to be reinstated and that you 1.) will not post multiple threads on the same topic, 2.) will not use threads to rant, and 3.) will do your best to remain civil while discussing reasonable options with members. If you are reinstated, I would start with an apology. The reason for an apology is to let the members and mods know your frustrations aren’t with them. Just take the highest road you can and stay on it.

Now, back to your watch. I made a recommendation to you. I’m telling you what I would do. That apparently will not work with you for some reason, so let’s look deeper at the CS.

1.) Did CW respond to you telling them the watch runs +20 s/d? If so, what was their response?

2.) You still have time to return it. Have you considered this?

Edit #2 - I just looked back at your 74 posts on the CW forum and understand very well why you were banned. If you don’t get it, I can’t help you. I have a feeling you do get it, and like the issue with the watch, just don’t want to accept your actions and their corresponding reactions from others.

I think Twitter and Reddit rants are probably more aligned with your style and maybe those platforms will serve your needs better. Good luck.

·
Aspiring Expert
1,439 Posts

You didn’t get banned for complaining about service. There are threads that go on and on. I’m guessing you got banned for posting the same complaint all over the internet when it’s not even a valid complaint. You want CW to fix a watch that’s in spec. What do you not understand about how annoying it is listening to you complain over and over and not listen to reason? Apparently someone over there has a very little patience with this sort of thing.

Edit #1 - Regarding the forum, it is not run from the ivory tower, but I do believe it is owned by CW. I do not see any official communications from CW on the forum, ever. I do see releases of information through a mod who knows the owners.

There are two things different about the CW forum that some might think is different. And I’m saying this based on my own observations. First, it is very personal. Members refer to each other by name and definitely keep up with each other. Secondly, it’s very civil. And I mean VERY civil.

There are times over the almost 10 years I’ve been there that I pushed the envelope being uncivil. I’ll admit it. The funny thing is, as the internet seems to degrade into worse and worse “anonymous hit jobs”, the more I’m getting frustrated and finding places like CW forum to be a refuge.

I think your style of complaining just rubbed the mods the wrong way. I suspect they’ve seen what happens with people who post three different threads complaining about a watch that’s in spec, and don’t want to deal with it.

If you want to be a member there, I would email them and say you would like to be reinstated and that you 1.) will not post multiple threads on the same topic, 2.) will not use threads to rant, and 3.) will do your best to remain civil while discussing reasonable options with members. If you are reinstated, I would start with an apology. The reason for an apology is to let the members and mods know your frustrations aren’t with them. Just take the highest road you can and stay on it.

Now, back to your watch. I made a recommendation to you. I’m telling you what I would do. That apparently will not work with you for some reason, so let’s look deeper at the CS.

1.) Did CW respond to you telling them the watch runs +20 s/d? If so, what was their response?

Edit #2 - I just looked back at your 74 posts on the CW forum and understand very well why you were banned. If you don’t get it, I can’t help you. I have a feeling you do get it, and like the issue with the watch, just don’t want to accept your actions and their corresponding reactions from others.

I think Twitter and Reddit rants are probably more aligned with your style and maybe those platforms will serve your needs better. Good luck.
I guess it's like the old saying goes, there are two sides to every story, and someone who is angry rarely tells both... ;^)

EDIT - and I'll admit I'm no saint... RE-EDIT - but I am working on it... 😁

Reactions: Robotaz

·
Watch Freek
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The only reason I got banned is because I dare say something negative about one of their watches. The fact is I have something negative to say about every watch I own or have ever handled. If I ever find the prefect watch I will let you know. My complaint is the curt and derogatory way the vile woman on the other end responded to my perfectly polite message simply asking a question. If you think my complaints about their customer service are unjustified, try reading other peoples threads. People who have had waited 4 months to get their watches back, and then the problem is worse. The response blames covid.

Finally, the CW forum is called a forum because it is MEANT to be somewhere people can discuss their product, it is NOT called the CW appreciation forum. You conveniently failed to read the part that said it is my favourite watch, and how gorgeous it is, but you managed to home in on the complaints. As long as people like you are prepared to accept sub standard merchandise with poor QC, things won't get better. Don't believe me, what about the misaligned text!

CW have managed to get ahead of themselves, and if they don't improve their QC and customer service they may well end up on the scrap heap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts