Watch Freeks banner

Just curious watches from India?

393 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Reflex 
#1 ·
I'm well aware of their reputation "Frankenwatches" but you have to admit the prices are enticing.Have you bought any and what was your overall experience.

#2 · (Edited)
This a phenomenal topic Stan, because we do see a ton of beautiful
watches, and many of them are vintage a lot of the time which is
extremely cool too. 😀😉 However, I haven't gotten any watches
from India yet, although that just might change in the coming year.
It's just a matter of me wanting to go for something I like, and Iike I
was saying I notice a lot of older vintage watches that look very
cool to me, and are often funky too. 😊

I know Truetone is an expert on HMT, so hopefully he sees this
thread sir. (y)

In any case, thanks so so much for thinking to make up this topic !!!

#5 ·
I have not bought any watches directly from India, but I did get a "Camy" from a friend who did buy it from there. It had stopped running on him and he said I could have it...
Well, it looked good if you didn't look to closely. The dial is gorgeous, but the crystal was not on very tight, the hands were loose and the movement was beat up beyond repair (it truly was an authentic movement made for Camy though, not a fake).... This experience has put me off buying anything from that part of the world, even for under 50 bucks, although I am sometimes tempted by the crisp looking eye candy.
Sorry for the negative comments. I try to be upbeat in my posts, but this is the only experience I've had....
The Camy is now in my parts bin. I still think I can use the dial in one of my Frankenstein creations ( maybe another vintage diver)

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Wrist
Gesture Finger Clock Wrist Body jewelry

#7 ·
I have not bought any watches directly from India, but I did get a "Camy" from a friend who did buy it from there. It had stopped running on him and he said I could have it...
Well, it looked good if you didn't look to closely. The dial is gorgeous, but the crystal was not on very tight, the hands were loose and the movement was beat up beyond repair (it truly was an authentic movement made for Camy though, not a fake).... This experience has put me off buying anything from that part of the world, even for under 50 bucks, although I am sometimes tempted by the crisp looking eye candy.
Sorry for the negative comments. I try to be upbeat in my posts, but this is the only experience I've had....
The Camy is now in my parts bin. I still think I can use the dial in one of my Frankenstein creations ( maybe another vintage diver)

View attachment 147492 View attachment 147493
Dial is a keeper.

#10 ·
FWIW, I picked up my Indian via eBay about 10 years ago. Even as a novice I had no delusions that it'd be a great timepiece. I just liked that it was (allegedly) a Seiko automatic day/date with a handsome dial.
Having said that, it still runs even though it languishes in a winder and has never been serviced.
Watch Analog watch Amber Watch accessory Clock

Watch Analog watch Light Product Gesture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.