Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The girlfriend and I went shopping today, and while passing through the jewelry section of the department store, I found (and bought) this...

The new Fossil Breaker dive watch. :D Admittedly, I just put this one on my wishlist only about a week or so ago after seeing the pics posted by our very own TVDinner in the dive watch subforum of the limited edition automatic version. The watch is quite heavy; heavier than any other Fossil I've ever handled. The bracelet, while not what I'd define as the best, certainly is serviceable. It definitely looks like it should have the Aquadive name somewhere on it! Its definitely the watch to get if youre looking for the Aquadive look but without the price tag. Given this pieces roots though, I might end up ditching the bracelet and putting it on a sharkmesh to complete the awesome look for this piece.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not a bad looking watch at all! Congratulations!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a bad looking watch at all! Congratulations!
It really isn't! The Oceanaire DNA is obvious in this piece, and at the price tag this watch is being sold at, I'm sure it'll be one of Fossils top sellers.

Looks cool. One of those $18 Orbris Morgan rubber straps would look sharp on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You knkw, I hadn't thought about that. :) Thanks for the idea!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
There it is! Very nice pick up. Congrats!

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great.
The yellow dial and the white dial versions look cool.
They had both of those there too, but I just couldn't get into those like the blue dial. Regardless, it's definitely a sexy piece. My girlfriend (who isn't into watches that much) even thinks it's sexy; she likes it even more than the Rolex GMT-Master II sitting in my watchbox, and that's saying something to me right there.

There it is! Very nice pick up. Congrats!
I have to give credit where it's due; Fossil did this piece right. Maybe this is a sign of the direction they're going in for the future. As I said in the original posting about this watch, I've never been much of a Fossil fan due to their image as more of a fashion watch brand, but this... This is a real dive watch, and one that will be seeing plenty of wrist time for me. :)

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hmmm. That's changing my mind about fashion watches. But, I did read where fossil/MK and Guess we're starting to step up their watch game. This may very well be the beginning execution of their plan.

·
3,979 Posts
Czar:
Isn't Fossil a subsidy of Movado?
Whattever. You acquisition hums pretty much.
Would be happy to have it on my wrist.
But what would I do with my other 23 watches?
Wear n enjoy Vostok Guy.

Lou Snutt

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Czar:
Isn't Fossil a subsidy of Movado?
Whattever. You acquisition hums pretty much.
Wear n enjoy Vostok Guy.

Lou Snutt

Fossil is not a subsidy of Movado.
Fossil is Fossil, Michael Kors, Diesel etc.

Movado is Esq watches, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach etc.

·
Super Moderator
14,676 Posts
Oh man Vostok, this is one fantastic looking Fossil !!! :smileyface_hand_cla :) Has a pure dive watch vibe to it with the bezel, and dial style. Then the case, and the way it's curves, and finish work their magic is phenomenal as well. Love the red accents, and how they mesh with the blue, white, and stainless too ! Looks awesome VG ! Holy cow, huge congratulations on it ! :eek:

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,887 Posts
My girlfriend (who isn't into watches that much) even thinks it's sexy; she likes it even more than the Rolex GMT-Master II sitting in my watchbox said:
She's lining you up for when she becomes "Wifey" then no more expensive watches for you! ;)

Reactions: spanky1

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm. That's changing my mind about fashion watches. But, I did read where fossil/MK and Guess we're starting to step up their watch game. This may very well be the beginning execution of their plan.
Oddly enough, I don't really consider this piece to be a 'fashion' watch; it's a real divers watch that just happens to made by Fossil. :)

Czar:
LOL same thing I do; have a difficult time in picking what to wear for the day!

Oh man Vostok, this is one fantastic looking Fossil !!! :smileyface_hand_cla :) Has a pure dive watch vibe to it with the bezel, and dial style. Then the case, and the way it's curves, and finish work their magic is phenomenal as well. Love the red accents, and how they mesh with the blue, white, and stainless too ! Looks awesome VG ! Holy cow, huge congratulations on it ! :eek:
Ain't it perdy? :D The bracelet though is definitely this pieces weak spot, so I'm already looking at new options. I'm definitely going to get a shark-mesh for it (it'll definitely help to show off this pieces DNA) and I'm thinking of a nice Nato as well. Stay tuned!

She's lining you up for when she becomes "Wifey" then no more expensive watches for you! ;)
LOL Nahhhh, she's okay with my hobby, as she's got an addiction to shoes that's almost as bad!

Admittedly, the GMT Master II was the first watch I ever spent 4 figures on, and it'll probably be the last. After wearing it and having it in my coillection as long as I have, I can safely say that other brands have the same attention to quality and dedication to the craft, but at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very nice, I like the blue. I have one Fossil that I bought at a Dent sale (the can it came in was bent) for $19.95. I t has a decent leather strap and good lume, and it works as good as any quartz that I have. Nothing wrong with a fashion watch, if you like it, wear it.:smileyface_hand_cla

·
Super Moderator
14,676 Posts
Oddly enough, I don't really consider this piece to be a 'fashion' watch; it's a real divers watch that just happens to made by Fossil. :)

LOL same thing I do; have a difficult time in picking what to wear for the day!

Ain't it perdy? :D The bracelet though is definitely this pieces weak spot, so I'm already looking at new options. I'm definitely going to get a shark-mesh for it (it'll definitely help to show off this pieces DNA) and I'm thinking of a nice Nato as well. Stay tuned!

LOL Nahhhh, she's okay with my hobby, as she's got an addiction to shoes that's almost as bad!

Admittedly, the GMT Master II was the first watch I ever spent 4 figures on, and it'll probably be the last. After wearing it and having it in my coillection as long as I have, I can safely say that other brands have the same attention to quality and dedication to the craft, but at a fraction of the cost.

Really is a looker, and think your mesh, and NATO ideas are terrific there too ! Going to be fun seeing the different combinations with this one Vostok. Hope you keep on enjoying this sir !:thumb:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What store did you purchase it from and what was the price? I was at the Fossil outlet last weekend and looked, but could not find one. Nice watch ... and I will have to check out the White and Yellow too ... although much like you, I would likely purchase the blue if I was going to buy one ;) .

·
Long Time Member
2,095 Posts
Vostok,

I wondered how is the lume on this piece? Is there at least a bit?

Also was curious about the crown and whether or not is had a solid feeling?

Gosh, the prices are so good on this one I may have to grab it! :)

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Fossil is not a subsidy of Movado.
Fossil is Fossil, Michael Kors, Diesel etc.

Movado is Esq watches, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach etc.

Zodiac too.

Reactions: Tattoo Chef

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What store did you purchase it from and what was the price? I was at the Fossil outlet last weekend and looked, but could not find one. Nice watch ... and I will have to check out the White and Yellow too ... although much like you, I would likely purchase the blue if I was going to buy one ;) .
I purchased mine at Dillard's, in Biloxi. After tax, it was close to $102.00. :) Jomashop has them in stock also if you don't mind ordering online. I was actually going to order it through them before I found it locally.

Reactions: Pallet Spoon
1 - 20 of 30 Posts