Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: The seller accepted my offer on 16 August, and I'm now the proud owner of this lovely piece! Now comes the long wait for it to arrive from the land of Vodka, Borscht, and Vladimir Putin. ;)

With all the talk about folks (me included) purchasing new Vostok Amphibias for their collections, I started looking at my collection and developed a hankering for another vintage piece to add into my rotation... A few minutes ago, I made an offer on the 'Bay for this:

A vintage Amphibia Antimagnetic. :) The hexagonal case has, truth be told, never really been a favorite of mine but after seeing one of these on a Nato, I was sold on it and endeavoured to add one into my collection. Now comes the wait on my offer!

PS: It definitely looks sexy on a Nato...

PPS: The fully serviced replacement for this one arrived today! Pics further down...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Should be a great addition to your collection, TheVostokGuy. Good luck and I hope you win the auction.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked my email; the seller accepted the offer. :D WOO HOO!!!

Now, off to the 'Bay again for a Nato or two. :)

·
3,979 Posts
Vostok Guy:
As I said in another post, I just took possession of my Scuba Dude few weeks ago.
One o my Rolex pals sez "Why you buyin watches from Putin's country, dude"?
Told him "Have you ever heard of Vostok invading the Ukraine"? Govt militarys
invade. Watch companies make watches to sell to guys like me so they can pay
their employees a few Rubles a day.
Politicing in watch production? Seems so!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently it was shipped via slow-boat service, because it arrived today. :)

It's a gorgeous piece, but it's running wickedly fast; it's gained 20 minutes within an hour of winding it up. I don't know if the mainspring is out of adjustment or if there's a glop of lube causing it to stick, but it's definitely going to need servicing. For the price I got it at though, I'm happy. In any case, I'm already looking at another antimagnetic (that has indeed been serviced by an eBay seller I have dealt with before) that will take a welcome place in my collection. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
Nice Vostok !!! :clapping-hands-abov Looks like it was well worth the wait, and hopefully that issue with I t running fast doesn't cost too much trouble for you. ..Just is a very cool looking watch with the case, and bezel design. ..These dials are incredibly nice as well. :eek: Thinking you'll be enjoying this for many many years ! Congratulations on it ! Big congratulations !

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice Vostok !!! :clapping-hands-abov Looks like it was well worth the wait, and hopefully that issue with I t running fast doesn't cost too much trouble for you. ..Just is a very cool looking watch with the case, and bezel design. ..These dials are incredibly nice as well. :eek: Thinking you'll be enjoying this for many many years ! Congratulations on it ! Big congratulations !
It shouldn't be an issue, save for the wait from the watchmaker. Admittedly, I did pull the trigger on another antimagnetic that has already been serviced and ready to go, so I'll have two of these beauties in my rotation. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
It shouldn't be an issue, save for the wait from the watchmaker. Admittedly, I did pull the trigger on another antimagnetic that has already been serviced and ready to go, so I'll have two of these beauties in my rotation. :D
Oh neat VG !!! :thumb::thumb: Great decision there ! Double congratulations to you then !! :happy0065:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The second 470-series arrived today... :D

Truth be told, I actually like this one better than the first one I got. I also got the Nato strap in that was originally intended for the first one, but I think it looks better on it than my original 470 does. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts