Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So Here are my pics of the two watches I finally got that I cleaned house for. First is my Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman Chronograph in titanium with the Valjoux 7750, it's a different watch that is for sure, you either love it or you hate it. I put a 4 ring NATO strap on it that I think looks way better than the OE rubber, don't get me wrong the OE rubber is a very nice strap and wears very nice, but I like the more ruggedness of the NATO IMO. And then there is my Marathon TSAR. This thing for not being a very large watch (41.10) is a little tank! I love the bezel, it sits up nice and high and with the large notches in it you are sure to never slip when turning it. I havn't figured out yet on how to take the best picture of the lume, but I can guarentee it is one of the brightest around and doesn't need charging whatsoever, I can see it glowing in my watchbox at night from across the room!! I have a few straps for it as well, a couple 2 ring ZULU's and one 4 ring NATO, if any of you havn't wore a nylon strap like these they are the most comfortable thing I have worn, period. AND, if one of the springbars breaks or pop's out for some reason, your watch won't fall off your wrist and get damaged or fall to the bottom of the lake, bay, ocean, etc. Anyway, enough rambling here are MY pics. OH and by the way I have "on the way" the TSAR's big brother the "JSAR" in 46mm!! Woo Hoo, will post pics when it arrives (hopefully today).

If any of you saw pictures of my watch box before the liquidation sale, there was one empty slot left, now here is a pic of my watch box now, and this is it!!! But let me tell you guys, and girls, it was well worth it, not regretting one sale one bit.

Thanks for looking everyone, have a great day!!

Cody

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Great watches and that specific Frogman is on my list. Love that watch. Enjoy them both and thanks for sharing the great pics.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Great pair of watches you got there! Thanks for sharing your cool pics!

Congrats and ENJOY!

BTW: What got you to decide on the Hamilton? Just curious to hear what sold you on this watch. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Very nice!! i used to have a DSAR (no tubes) and have a JSAR mod with an eta 2824 in it and love it!! Cant go wrong with Marathon! I think the Hammy is cool too!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Congrats on 2 great watches...Wear them well..and by the way your pics are awesome...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Congrats Iceman! Two awesome timepieces you have. I like the Nato strap on the Frogman. Enjoy and wear them in good health. ....Bob

·
Registered
48 Posts
imported post

Nice! Always did like the Frogman . . . and that strap is perfect on it. Congratulations on your two new pieces!

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Iceman1974 wrote:
So Here are my pics of the two watches I finally got that I cleaned house for. First is my Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman Chronograph in titanium with the Valjoux 7750, it's a different watch that is for sure, you either love it or you hate it. I put a 4 ring NATO strap on it that I think looks way better than the OE rubber, don't get me wrong the OE rubber is a very nice strap and wears very nice, but I like the more ruggedness of the NATO IMO. And then there is my Marathon TSAR. This thing for not being a very large watch (41.10) is a little tank! I love the bezel, it sits up nice and high and with the large notches in it you are sure to never slip when turning it. I havn't figured out yet on how to take the best picture of the lume, but I can guarentee it is one of the brightest around and doesn't need charging whatsoever, I can see it glowing in my watchbox at night from across the room!! I have a few straps for it as well, a couple 2 ring ZULU's and one 4 ring NATO, if any of you havn't wore a nylon strap like these they are the most comfortable thing I have worn, period. AND, if one of the springbars breaks or pop's out for some reason, your watch won't fall off your wrist and get damaged or fall to the bottom of the lake, bay, ocean, etc. Anyway, enough rambling here are MY pics. OH and by the way I have "on the way" the TSAR's big brother the "JSAR" in 46mm!! Woo Hoo, will post pics when it arrives (hopefully today).

If any of you saw pictures of my watch box before the liquidation sale, there was one empty slot left, now here is a pic of my watch box now, and this is it!!! But let me tell you guys, and girls, it was well worth it, not regretting one sale one bit.

Thanks for looking everyone, have a great day!!

Cody
Wow...both of those look totally cool on the NATO strap!!!! Man...I'll have to remember that look when I finally get an all black Zodiac!!!! I had never seen a Marathon before...very commando stlye looking...and the Hamilton is awesome looking!!!! Great choice !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts