Watch Freeks banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Watch Freek
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found myself obsessing over the features of G-Shock recently but battery power isn't really my thing.
I found an alternative model that is solar-powered, has a sapphire crystal, and sports a unique forged carbon bezel but the price caused me to keep reminding myself how many watches I already have.
When I stumbled across a mint one for sale in a sub reddit for the price of its battery-powered mineral-crystaled sibling, I did what any gullible mark would do and sent money to a complete stranger via PayPal's friends/family function.
Fortunately for me he happened to be one of the web's honest sellers because today I received the entire unblemished kit.
I really dig this thing.
Watch Arm Analog watch Clock Finger

·
Super Moderator
17,853 Posts
Can see why you were obsessing Clay. :cool:(y) G-Shocks ARE pretty
great, and the Mudmaster really is the cream of the crop when you
stop, and think about it. :) ..You have the toughness turned up to
eleven. As well as a spectacular design that looks like it came back
from the future in a time machine. It’s a modern day classic sir ! Not
to mention is evidently brand spanking new too. o_O ..Yup, I’d be
digging this one also. Great get !

Between the dynamic looks, along with price, AND whole solar theme,
this one’s going to be tough taking off this summer Clay. 🏖..Keep on
enjoying it ! ..Wishing you a GINORMOUS G-Shock congrats here
2 U !!!

·
Long Time Member
909 Posts
Congrats. I have that watch.

Make sure your home city is right using the crown and get the radio signal set up the first time, which for my friend was a total PITA. You may want to look at the maps showing when the signals are strongest where you live. After that it just seems to work on it’s own.

·
Watch Freek
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can see why you were obsessing Clay. :cool:(y) G-Shocks ARE pretty
great, and the Mudmaster really is the cream of the crop when you
stop, and think about it. :) ..You have the toughness turned up to
eleven. As well as a spectacular design that looks like it came back
from the future in a time machine. It’s a modern day classic sir ! Not
to mention is evidently brand spanking new too. o_O ..Yup, I’d be
digging this one also. Great get !

Between the dynamic looks, along with price, AND whole solar theme,
this one’s going to be tough taking off this summer Clay. 🏖..Keep on
enjoying it ! ..Wishing you a GINORMOUS G-Shock congrats here
2 U !!!
LOL Thanks Tom.!

·
Watch Freek
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats. I have that watch.

Make sure your home city is right using the crown and get the radio signal set up the first time, which for my friend was a total PITA. You may want to look at the maps showing when the signals are strongest where you live. After that it just seems to work on it’s own.
Yeah, I set the city right away.
This a.m. I checked to see if it connected to a tower overnight. According to the record, it's been a few days. I attempted a manual connection and after a minute got an ERR message.
This radio signal business is completely new to me. It'll be interesting getting up to speed on the subject.

·
Long Time Member
909 Posts
Yeah, I set the city right away.
This a.m. I checked to see if it connected to a tower overnight. According to the record, it's been a few days. I attempted a manual connection and after a minute got an ERR message.
This radio signal business is completely new to me. It'll be interesting getting up to speed on the subject.
Very common. There are so many interferences. I recommend setting it down and actually standing back, then checking the signal. If it’s weak rotate the watch in multiple directions and usually one will work. Also helps a lot to look at the map of when the signal is strongest where you live:

·
Watch Freek
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very common. There are so many interferences. I recommend setting it down and actually standing back, then checking the signal. If it’s weak rotate the watch in multiple directions and usually one will work. Also helps a lot to look at the map of when the signal is strongest where you live:

Thanks for the reference. Looks like I'll be watching some late night TV tonight LOL.
According to some users optimum reception is achieved with 12 pointed toward the tower. There's also a REAL interesting YT video of a guy's discovery about accidentally boosting reception. Here's a link in case anyone is curious...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts