Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few days ago asking for opinions helping me make up my mind between the Boschett Harpoon and the Seiko Sumo. I got lots of good insight and some pics, and decided to go with the Harpoon. It just arrived here at work a little while ago, I gave it a quick sizing and put it on. here is a quick and dirty cel phone pic.

As some of you I am sure noticed, I decided to get the black bezel in addition to the 3 that come with it. to my surprise, instead of it arriving loose in the box, it came pre installed for me. I have to say, first impressions are : 1. I love it. 2. the bracelet is excellent 3. it is very comfortable so far. 4. the packaging is very cool/nice, the display/storage box is excellent with places for the bezels, watch, and included too kit. it is actually nicer that the plain old box my Tag Formula One auto chrono came in. and the USB owners documentation is very modern and cool.
I changed the bezel between this and the white one just to see how easy it is, and I was pleasantly surprised that it is very easy, but I decided to put the black one back on. I like the looks of it this way for now. I guess I should get back to work, I will update later with any other impressions, and maybe some better pics.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Well Done BT. Looks Stellar!! Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I wasn't too sure about the white dial before I ordered it, but I have so many black dialed divers that I was interested in something different. And I always liked the Deep Blue Alpha Marine in the creamsicle color, so I figured, give it a shot. I am glad I did. it is very nice. and all the different bezels give lots of options to change the look.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Wait till you see this baby light up in the dark!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congratulations on the pick up! I too am lusting for this exact combination. Just have not pulled the trigger on it given the holiday season coming up.

·
Super Moderator
10,657 Posts
You made a really great choice going with this one Big time ! :clapping-hands-abov The watch is just plain cool, and so different like you were looking for, or wanted this time around. :) The white dial alone is epic, but then the contrast of the hands, and markers, and even bezel make it extraordinary ! The fact that the beautiful bracelet matches it's great looks with comfort rocks also ! A giant congratulations to you there !!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, for all the comments. I have been enjoying this immensely since I got it. I love the thought that went into the bracelet. The push button release and sliding extension are great. At this point I have worn all but 1 bezel just to see how the different looks suit me. So far, the black bezel is my first choice, then the white, the stainless ones don't really speak to me as much. I want to give it a week or two to break in before a rough accuracy check. I don't have the tools to do a scientific timing, I just set it to the atomic, treat it the way I normally would, check it daily and at the end of a week for variance and see how it tracks. then, I like to verify power reserve just to make sure that it is close and everything seems to be working properly, but that requires taking it off for a few days, and that is very hard with any new toy, especially one that looks this cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts