Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Vostok Amphibia 2416B mid last week and was surprised that it arrived today. Talk about fast shipping from Moscow.

The Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT was a purchase from a fellow Watch Freek a few days ago.

Overall, I'm pretty jazzed up about these two new acquisitions. A perfect start to the weekend for sure!

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. This one was purchased through an Amazon seller who promised delivery within 5-9 days from Moscow. I'll probably buy from them again should I get urge to get another Russian watch.

8,177 Posts
Congrats! I have the Vostok Amphibia 1967, from a Moscow dealer on eBay. Both watches look very sharp and you have been bitten by the watch bug :D

8,177 Posts
.....and there is no antivenin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, my wallet has started to complain on a weekly basis lately :D

Reactions: #four

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, I'd say so! How are you going to choose between the two for the weekend? One for Saturday, one for Sunday? Or wear both at the same time, one for the right wrist, one for the left?

Lucky dog!!!!!!
LOL! Dunno if I want to be like this dude:

Wore the Vostok today. I must say, it's lighter than the Steinhart mainly because of the cheap-ish bracelet. Regardless of that, the case does carry some weight and the entire piece feels very comfortable.

Reactions: bapackerfan

4,210 Posts
One of my watch pals asked "why did you buy a Russian watch"? "They've invaded the
Ukraine".
I told him I've never heard of Vostok invading anyone. Watch companies don't invade.
Government militarys invade. People at Vostok are just like us. Trying to get by in a
troubled world. Make a few Rubles to feed their baboshkas.
Putin is an A... But Putin isn't Vostok.

Lou Snutt.

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One of my watch pals asked "why did you buy a Russian watch"? "They've invaded the
Ukraine".
I told him I've never heard of Vostok invading anyone. Watch companies don't invade.
Government militarys invade. People at Vostok are just like us. Trying to get by in a

Lou Snutt.
Well said, sir. The same can be said about Sea-Gull and other Chinese made watches.

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

· Long Time Member
3,622 Posts
Art....I wish everyone would read this. So very very true.

Good job sir.

Ukraine".

Lou Snutt.

· Super Moderator
20,274 Posts
Yowza, that IS a great start to the weekend BF ! :eek: :eek: What's so neat about these two is how they are both such eye-catching, and classic designs. Every time you see one of these Amphibias their bezels, along with dial set-ups hypnotize you they are so cool. Then the legendary look of the Steinhart is out of this world awesome as well. :smileyface_hand_claIt's a win win Fish. Double dueling congratulations !!

· Registered
651 Posts
Bought the Vostok Amphibia 2416B mid last week and was surprised that it arrived today. Talk about fast shipping from Moscow.

The Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT was a purchase from a fellow Watch Freek a few days ago.

Overall, I'm pretty jazzed up about these two new acquisitions. A perfect start to the weekend for sure!
Nice way to start off the weekend, and the face on your Amphibia is nearly identical to my Neptune Amphibia!

Ukraine".

Lou Snutt.
WELL SAID. Oddly enough, I got into the same discussion with a friend of mine and almost replied word-for-word the same as you did, plus I added the history of the Amphibia series. After letting him inspect the piece I was wearing (A vintage '67 Antimagnetic with the 18 Jewel hand-wound movement), he was impressed enough to buy an Amphibia of his own.

Reactions: zed073 and scotty

· Registered
2,247 Posts
AMPHIBIAN is a killer tool for 50+-...a little crude with the plastic crystal , non-ratcheting elapsed time diver bezel, & weird 40/18 case bracelet ratio...i avoid the tools with "glorious "military cartoon armaments , i avoid political discussions with neighbors & thoughts of inevitable super power conflicts....but this tool is a poor man's hoot and keeps good time

STEINNY is the self professed performance to value king with a tail wind from the declining EURO

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.