Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in another thread, I ordered a new Vostok Amphibia not entirely too long ago... It didn't come in, but this did:

My replacement bezel and insert for my Amphibia. :D I'm really looking forward to get this project started, and I've already decided that this won't be the only modded Vostok in my collection. For everything there is a first, and this is no exception.

Now if only the damn watch would get here... *rocks back and forth, drooling*

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks like an interesting project. Will this little mod of yours add a "clicking" feature to the bezel movement?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like an interesting project. Will this little mod of yours add a "clicking" feature to the bezel movement?
Sadly, it won't, but it'll still be an improvement over the factory bezel, which is little more than plated brass on any Vostok model you get. The new bezel is stainless steel and uses the original retainer ring that the original uses. If you want, I can snap some pics to show you.

Reactions: zed073

·
Banned
754 Posts
That's gonna look great. Seen in a few of those mods on Facebook and they all look great.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's gonna look great. Seen in a few of those mods on Facebook and they all look great.
It's amazing how breathtaking an Amphibia can be with simple, easy mods. :) While they're great watches to begin with, being able to customize them with such ease makes them even better.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Very cool. I look forward to seeing it.

The first thing I did, after ditching the bracelet of course, was order a Murphy bezel and a Dagaz insert for my Amphibia. Very easy mod, and completely changes the look.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sadly, it won't, but it'll still be an improvement over the factory bezel, which is little more than plated brass on any Vostok model you get. The new bezel is stainless steel and uses the original retainer ring that the original uses. If you want, I can snap some pics to show you.
I'd appreciate a few pics. Thanks!

And where did you get the Seiko bezel? I'm tempted to do this on my own Amphibia.

·
Super Moderator
10,601 Posts
That is so neat VG ! :cool: Can imagine how much fun this would be to do, and then to think about doing it with other watches in the collection there. :eek: I mean you'll be able to replace not only scratched bezels, but also change up the look of watches which sounds so cool ! ..The looks, and possible combinations are endless I guess. Awesome stuff !!! ..Congratulations on this !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts