Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I had spent a great deal of time quoting her word for word and learned a lesson to make all my post in word first...LOL My post was "lost" at another site. I really would have like to have had an official confirmation. Maybe someone else can raise this question I can't.

Anyways, on my DVR the 02-20-10 9:00 am PST Invicta show about 15 minutes into the show Jill is showing item J-178140

She said, that when she talks about Invicta watches and the base metal other than solid gold or titanium that EVERY Invicta watch case, LINKS and ENDLINKSare made of solid stainless steel. She was not just referring to the watch she was showing she stated this was ALL Invicta watches. She did not generalize she was being very specific.

Now unless this is something new and recent I would really like to know if this is the case. That Invicta is now making EVERY watch with solid stainless steel links and end links. This was not the case before I heard this today.

Here is the link to SNBC Video

http://www.shopnbc.com/OnAir/ProgramGuide/Default.aspx?view=programguidedetail&dir=pg&showid=11452684

Go to 16:44 on the video and listen to what she said...

Am I mistaken?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Here is my Opinion, you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion PERIOD!!! She was wrong BFD, ok so you know that not every Invicta is made with Solid end links what truly is your point? If you want someone too say you where right and she was wrong Fine I just did it, if you are looking for something else then go somewhere else and find it, because your not going to find it here either! It is Stupid threads like this, that cause people like me to get pissed off. So let it die, realized that she spoke wrong and let it go!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Chief - I believe she misspoke and made an error.

I believe it is that simple. Those guys on TV have made many incorrect comments about the brands over the years. They usually quickly correct themselves in a later show and it blows over quickly.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Chief1301 wrote:
I had spent a great deal of time quoting her word for word and learned a lesson to make all my post in word first...LOL My post was "lost" at another site. I really would have like to have had an official confirmation. Maybe someone else can raise this question I can't.

Anyways, on my DVR the 02-20-10 9:00 am PST Invicta show about 15 minutes into the show Jill is showing item J-178140

She said, that when she talks about Invicta watches and the base metal other than solid gold or titanium that EVERY Invicta watch case, LINKS and ENDLINKSare made of solid stainless steel. She was not just referring to the watch she was showing she stated this was ALL Invicta watches. She did not generalize she was being very specific.

Now unless this is something new and recent I would really like to know if this is the case. That Invicta is now making EVERY watch with solid stainless steel links and end links. This was not the case before I heard this today.

Here is the link to SNBC Video

http://www.shopnbc.com/OnAir/ProgramGuide/Default.aspx?view=programguidedetail&dir=pg&showid=11452684

Go to 16:44 on the video and listen to what she said...

Am I mistaken?
So What??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Well gee, when the National Sales Manager makes a claim like this, I don't think Iwant just blow it off. You can, you have no reason to talk to me in this manner because of what she said.

Point is, and apparently you can't answer it, are the new watches being sold with all solid links. No I do not know if they are or are not. Based on what I heard they are. I am askingif this is true and you start swearing at me thatthis is stupid.

Holy crap what is stupid is your response.

SoRon, when I go drop my money on a watch and it had folded links because the National Sales Manager.....what...is mistaken...lied...is clueless.... what one do you want to pick? Because unless all the watches being made as of today have solid links then she is one of the above.

If she doesn't know her products then why is she selling them and making statements that effect how people buy. This WAS NOTA CASUAL MISTAKE buy a host, someone who got the wrong movement, this was a STATEMENT of FACT and she went out of her way to make sure EVERYONE knows that when she says STAINLESS STEEL IT IS ALL SOLID.

Sir, this is the type of statement companies get sued over, it is called MISREPRESENTATION....go look it up and learn something and stop acting like a child.

You arefast to blame me for your anger at a company that has it'stop rep that makes statements like that and you want to make it my fault?

Idon'tfeel you have the right to talk to me like this when frankly this didn't involve you and I never even said a word to you and you come out swearing at me?

Grow up Ron, put on your big boy pants knock off the need to belittle me because I want to know if this is true or not I have the right to ask a question that frankly is rather important. If you don't like it...then don't say anything. Wow I was able to post that and not use a swear word...huh... I must be an adult.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Chief1301 wrote:
Well gee, when the National Sales Manager makes a claim like this, I don't think Iwant just blow it off. You can, you have no reason to talk to me in this manner because of what she said.

Point is, and apparently you can't answer it, are the new watches being sold with all solid links. No I do not know if they are or are not. Based on what I heard they are. I am askingif this is true and you start swearing at me thatthis is stupid.

SoRon, when I go drop my money on a watch and it had folded links because the National Sales Manager.....what...is mistaken...lied...is clueless.... what one do you want to pick? Because unless all the watches being made as of today have solid links then she is one of the above.

If she doesn't know her products then why is she selling them and making statements that effect how people buy. This WAS NOTA CASUAL MISTAKE buy a host, someone who got the wrong movement, this was a STATEMENT of FACT and she went out of her way to make sure EVERYONE knows that when she says STAINLESS STEEL IT IS ALL SOLID.

Sir, this is the type of statement companies get sued over, it is called MISREPRESENTATION....go look it up and learn something and stop acting like a child.

You arefast to blame me for your anger at a company that has it'stop rep that makes statements like that and you want to make it my fault?

Idon'tfeel you have the right to talk to me like this when frankly this didn't involve you and I never even said a word to you and you come out swearing at me?

Grow up Ron, put on your big boy pants knock off the need to belittle me because I want to know if this is true or not I have the right to ask a question that frankly is rather important. If you don't like it...then don't say anything. Wow I was able to post that and not use a swear word...huh... I must be an adult.
What is this and why is it still here??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

The so what is this... hear me out guys...

I don't know of any other watch manufacturer or even any other product or company that makes as many "misspoken" statements as I hear on Shop about Invicta products. If this was just a simple mistake you don't see the other watch companies make these mistakes or gross misstatements with the consistency that Invicta does. One minute it is Eyal promising Akula bands for life (I own one of the first) then it was over movement parts, the word "Swiss", flame fusion statements, Jill saying that every Reserve watch is Swiss made when they are not, reserve boxes not being sent out.

I have only been at this for two years and this off the top of my head all the issues that have effected me personally from buying Invicta products.

Nothing else or any other watch company I have bought from has made as many "mistakes" as Invicta does.

Today when I heard that I was left with... this is either really good news since I hate folded bracelets or this is utter BS.

I have no way to know if what I was told today is true or not. You all have jumped on the 'it was a mistake'. OK maybe it was, I don't know, but she said it in a way that made it very clear this is how Invicta makes its watches.

So if it was a "mistake" why do we have to have so many from one single company?

Ya so then your going to say, why do you buy them... because they still make cool stuff. Problem is you just don't know what your going to get.

This really was not a "oh I caught you" thing as much as it was a "I hope this is true" thing...

Fine I am done, won't say a word about it again.

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

I watched a show she did earlier this week and she said 8 times that the watch was "steel",,,,and the ditzy girl with her, of course agreed; and than one time they turned one over and it said "stainless steel";;;Michael and Eyal constantly say 316L Stainless steel!!! She should never say just "steel"; she is not like any National Sales Manager I have ever met;;;but face it; she is just another hukster like Skelton really!!!!! Part of her job; and she does not do it really well...:pk

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I had this great response all typed out, and I erased it, mainly because I might as well be talking to a wall.

Chief1301 wrote:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.