1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:53pm EST

LINK

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security urged computer users to disable Oracle Corp's Javasoftware, amplifying security experts' prior warnings to hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses that use it to surf the Web.

Hackers have figured out how to exploit Java to install malicioussoftwareenabling them to commit crimes ranging from identity theft to making an infected computer part of an ad-hoc network ofcomputersthat can be used to attack websites.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
imported post

I just spent the better part of a week trying to save one of my business computer from an attack. Ended up wiping it clean and starting from scratch, I will probably spend the better part of next week trying to get it up to date...... Like all other crimes, it is time criminals that get caught get punished properly and severely.....

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
imported post

Note that "Java" is different than "JavaScript". JavaScript (JS) is used by a lot of web sites; disabling JS may cause problems.

Java is mainly used for web-based applications. Many business sites use Java web-based applications. Uninstalling Java will break those apps … not a good alternative in a business/corporation environment. Disabling Javascript will cause problems with many web sites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts