Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Long Time Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

No comment except so much for invictim letting Glycine operate independently.

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
11,948 Posts

It took awhile but most knew it would eventually happen

Reactions: Reflex

·
Super Moderator
13,221 Posts
That IS strange Alain. 😯Glycine has never, or had never done things
like this in the past. You just wouldn't see something like this done with
them. And as you said, Glycine was supposed to stay Glycine. But it
seems as though it really is changing by the looks of it. ..Honestly was
really hoping that they would keep their identity.

Oh well,🙁thanks very much for the news in any case ! Hadn't actually
seen these until now.

·
Oris Freek
3,597 Posts

I posted about this months ago... Also of note, the Womans AirMAN collection and the first quartz watches they've made since the 70's... Yeah, they've been invaded. Luckily most of mine are Pre-Invicta cause I'm done with them.

I’m surprised it’s only 46mm.
Wait till the Shaq Airman hit the shelves... Complete with diamonds that are guaranteed by Invicta themselves.:ROFLMAO:

·
11,948 Posts
I posted about this months ago... Also of note, the Womans AirMAN collection and the first quartz watches they've made since the 70's... Yeah, they've been invaded. Luckily most of mine are Pre-Invicta cause I'm done with them.

Wait till the Shaq Airman hit the shelves... Complete with diamonds that are guaranteed by Invicta themselves.:ROFLMAO:
.....and painted “Mother of Pearl” dials

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
168 Posts
This came out over a year ago. Old news.
The new Airpilots. 36 mm Combat Subs and Bienne watches look decent enough though, as far as current news goes.

·
Long Time Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This came out over a year ago. Old news.
The new Airpilots. 36 mm Combat Subs and Bienne watches look decent enough though, as far as current news goes.

Old news to some but new to others. The only interest on the part of many is another in a long line of misrepresentation made by some. In this case buyers of this brand were told that parent would keep hands off except for sharing marketing expertise.

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not sure that putting a washed up football players name on 1 watch, of Glycine design, is cause to worry.
New models in the pipeline tell a different story.
Some of Glycines more garish pre-Invicta designs, like the Airman 7 or the humongous KMU48, should be of more concern.

·
Senior Freek
1,261 Posts
...a washed up football players name...
Why slag him off? He's 46 years old and retired. Meanwhile he had an All-Pro, NFL Defensive Player of the Year kind of career.

·
Long Time Member
443 Posts
Got you.
I tend to like bigger watches, so 48mm or larger don’t scare me. Especially if the thickness is reasonable. There are some really nice pieces in that range, such as the Omega below at 49.2mm. Same movement as the Glycines (Omega dolls it up quite a bit and is COSC for significant $$).

Not in the same category as Invicta’s hockey pucks with steel cable for a bezel. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts