Watch Freeks banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up six this month, these are what I’m most happy with.
A Kickstarter project the Newmark. 40mm and the old skin diver look.

A vintage Bulova I’ll send out to the spa

A Seiko Bottle Cap. I’ll mostly use this in the summer, while in the water. When I get bored with it, I’ll practice mods on it.

A Seiko “faux Tuna” snze91. It’s a 42mm with short lugs so it fits well.

My favorite, my first Presage and it’s 40mm, fits perfect on the wrist. I really like the textures dial and the color.

A closer shot of the dial.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That Presage dial is really something, it reminds me of some centuries-old parchment. I’m viewing this through my phone but it’s fantastic. I like the way the Seiko name seems to float above slightly.

·
Super Moderator
8,933 Posts
Have to agree with the guys Trip ! :smile-thumb: You really do have an
extraordinary eye for watches, and some phenomenal taste. :) :cool: From
the dials, to the cases there is always something that makes the watches
stand apart, and be special.

To be honest, it’s tough to choose a favorite on this end. Each one of
them makes me take a double take !! :eek: :eek: Just are terrific Trip !

A giant congratulations to you !!! ..Wow, enjoy !

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Trip -67
Thats a twist. While you were acquiring I was gifting
I gifted 4 Autos, 2 hand crankers + 3 watch winders
to a fellow Freek. I asked that he nor divulge the gift
the donor. He gifted me his Citizen EcoDrive years ago.

Love that Zilla But I'm outta of the mechanical game.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
458 Posts
I posted that at about 0730, I’m drinking coffee Accutronitis.
Well it's...

7:29 AM
Saturday, January 25, 2020 (HST)
Time in Waialua, HI

as i'm writing this and it's 9:30AM where I'm at right now, so you must be two hours ahead of me and you made that post Today at 05:25 AM my time so you've been drinking coffee all this time?

Don't you have to work or is it your day off?

I'm not trying to pry just understand...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited by Moderator)
Well it's...

7:29 AM
Saturday, January 25, 2020 (HST)
Time in Waialua, HI

as i'm writing this and it's 9:30AM where I'm at right now, so you must be two hours ahead of me and you made that post Today at 05:25 AM my time so you've been drinking coffee all this time?

Don't you have to work or is it your day off?

I'm not trying to pry just understand...
Why do you care, so you can send me some more creepy PM’s?

So you can post some more demeaning things about me on disqus?

You also call me a stupid c#nt and butch over there.
You posted every personal bit of information you could find over there. Name, high school, pictures of a home with an address, pictures of children and a husband. I won’t even get into the threats you posted about me over there, what you could do to me financially. I’m not even a member there, you are a coward for what you do.

Why are you even looking at my posts here, it’s obvious you are trying to stalk me here and shoot out personal information on an open forum over there for others to see.

Like I’m going to say Oh Accutronitis, that is or isn’t my address, that is a good picture of my husband, but terrible of my kids, I wish I had been wearing the other swim suit in the picture of me in the ocean etc...?

You are taking weirdness to a new level, back off.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wow all this over a dumb joke about pickups???

Your the one that started this conversation?

You could have just ignored the dumb joke, no harm, no fowl??? I make dumb jokes here all the time!

Now your blaming me? What the hell?

I was just trying to be friendly!

Oh and I'm also Accutronitis on disqus so you want to come again???

Your buddy "bobbee" is the one with more accounts there than I can count, I just reported him twice for that!

His most recent account is "Boo Radley" which I just reported not long ago!

He's playing you and you don't even realize it... He's using you to attack me with his nonsense so he doesn't get his hands dirty and you're falling for it, That's what he does!!!

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I don't know what happened here but we need the firm hand of a MOD to remove those posts and send two members to the bench to cool down for a day or two.

Back to topic, I like the first watch best. The dial is a bit 'Oris Sixty Five' but I find those Sixties inspired watches very much to my liking. I'm participating in another Kickstarter watch project that completely ticks all of my 'Sixties' boxes. Can't wait to have it on my wrist.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't know what happened here but we need the firm hand of a MOD to remove those posts and send two members to the bench to cool down for a day or two.

Back to topic, I like the first watch best. The dial is a bit 'Oris Sixty Five' but I find those Sixties inspired watches very much to my liking. I'm participating in another Kickstarter watch project that completely ticks all of my 'Sixties' boxes. Can't wait to have it on my wrist.
I'm fine...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.