Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Love the looks of this one, but find it a little odd that they would set up a Sea Master to look more like the Submariner Connery wore in Dr. No (with a nice looking, but technically incorrect grey and black NATO strap).

Either way, the new SM300 models are beautiful, and the Spectre version is probably my favorite.

Not a fan of the price though, $7,500 is pretty steep IMO.

·
6,396 Posts
Incredible! I've feasted my eyes on this watch last week while we were in Haarlem, a town up North in The Netherlands. (Harlem is named after this town). It's a shopping Mekka so to speak. A lot of manufacturers followed the Blancpain 50 Fathoms -> Rolex Submariner route so this look became THE example for others to follow.

The whole 'limited edition' label leaves me cold, it only makes it more expensive. I do however, applaud Omega's decision to exclude any '007' reference from the dial! This would make it tacky in an instant.

It still baffles me why EON stopped using Rolex as the watch of choice for the MI6's favourite agent. Fleming never mentioned a Sub, just a 'very handsome watch' that happened to be a Rolex. Being a Royal Navy Commander his watch would probably be a British Precista, military issue. Omega, or any other brand for that matter, is NOT James Bond's choice! :D Never! :D

·
6,396 Posts
Love the looks of this one, but find it a little odd that they would set up a Sea Master to look more like the Submariner Connery wore in Dr. No (with a nice looking, but technically incorrect grey and black NATO strap).

Either way, the new SM300 models are beautiful, and the Spectre version is probably my favorite.

Not a fan of the price though, $7,500 is pretty steep IMO.
Not to mention 2 mm too narrow! :D :D What an eyesore...

·
Registered
527 Posts
The regular version is plenty good enough for me. One of the best looking dive watches ever made imo. Add this to a dive watch lineup that still includes the Seamaster and Planet Ocean, and Omega is really in the zone right now.

And although these 300s are pricey, they're still cheaper than Subs. So they're even sort of a bargain!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
I'm sorry, this faux vintage lume and plain looking dial just doesn't do a thing for me, especially not for what they are asking for it. I find the advertising quite interesting since in real life Daniel Craig (Bond) doesn't like Omega, wears Rolex, and really doesn't dig Bond, and doesn't want to play him anymore.

·
13,277 Posts
I'm sorry, this faux vintage lume and plain looking dial just doesn't do a thing for me, especially not for what they are asking for it. I find the advertising quite interesting since in real life Daniel Craig (Bond) doesn't like Omega, wears Rolex, and really doesn't dig Bond, and doesn't want to play him anymore.

I don't know for sure, but Daniel seems to be enjoying Omega and his role as Bond here...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Pnb_Bq0h1M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,979 Posts
Freeks:

I'm totally confused (not hard to do in my case),
But I thot Rolex lured Bond film producer Albert
Brocolli away from Omega to the Rolex camp?
Now he's wearing Omega once again. Whas up?

Is he an Omega watch spy or a Rolex spy guy.

Confused in Malfunction Junction his AM

Lou Snutt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts