Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty excited about this one! I had to sacrifice a few watches, but I couldn’t let this opportunity slip away. Long time grail of mine, that I did not think I would ever own.

I’ll be doing a mini photo shoot this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Yowzers Jimi ! 🤯😵Yeah seriously, when do you ever see these watches
on the wrist?! Hardly ever, and if you do, it's in an advertisement honestly. 😀
It's really breathtaking, and can see why it is a grail ! 😯 Watches like this
are a collection in itself, or at the very least a definite centerpiece of all
centerpieces. Love just the view to the movement actually. Along with epic
detail there. It's out of this world outstanding, and then the front leaves you
speechless. Boy oh boy, this is unbelievable Jimi !

Sending a HUMONGOUS congratulations your way sir !!! Hope it gets a
ton of wrist time there, and that you really enjoy !

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Incredibly beautiful and elegant watch. Not to mention haute horlogerie avant la lettre. Congratulations with this purchase, inside of you beats the heart of a true enthusiast.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yowzers Jimi ! 🤯😵Yeah seriously, when do you ever see these watches
on the wrist?! Hardly ever, and if you do, it's in an advertisement honestly. 😀
It's really breathtaking, and can see why it is a grail ! 😯 Watches like this
are a collection in itself, or at the very least a definite centerpiece of all
centerpieces. Love just the view to the movement actually. Along with epic
detail there. It's out of this world outstanding, and then the front leaves you
speechless. Boy oh boy, this is unbelievable Jimi !

Sending a HUMONGOUS congratulations your way sir !!! Hope it gets a
ton of wrist time there, and that you really enjoy !
Thanks AtomicTom! It will definitely see ton of wrist time! The stars aligned just perfectly, because this was one I never thought I'd actually own! I was looking at Daytona's, but paying Double MSRP when there are pieces like this available didn't make much sense for my collecting. I wanted something that said "This guy loves watches!"

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have to sell a lot more than my watches to buy that one, I think.
Very awesome and congrats.

Thanks! That was my thoughts when I first saw these 3-4 years ago. never thought it would be possible

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That watch is amazing. I can't even comprehend what most of that stuff on the dial is for. And the movement... Wow ! 😳 Congrats and enjoy your grail in good health. 😊
Thank you! I'll be posting a video review in a couple weeks. Its a very unique concept! The right Subdial is for the regular time. The left one is the chronograph register, and it counts Minutes and hours, plus gives an additional running minutes for an easer read (he little cut out on the left dial). Then you have the flying seconds which is the star of the show. The blue seconds hand is actually the running chrono seconds, and the gold seconds hand is the standard seconds.

Even cooler, it has 2 barrels, one powers the normal time, the other powers the chronograph function, so they're powered independently. Those two little hands at the bottom represent their respective power reserves. It's a cool watch to research, JLC is definitely still sits near the top of Haute Horology in my opinion!

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Incredibly beautiful and elegant watch. Not to mention haute horlogerie avant la lettre. Congratulations with this purchase, inside of you beats a heart of a true enthusiast.
Thank you! I was torn between this and a Royal Oak Offshore. My brain was leaning AP, but the watch lover in me convinced me other wise.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Thank you! I'll be posting a video review in a couple weeks. Its a very unique concept! The right Subdial is for the regular time. The left one is the chronograph register, and it counts Minutes and hours, plus gives an additional running minutes for an easer read (he little cut out on the left dial). Then you have the flying seconds which is the star of the show. The blue seconds hand is actually the running chrono seconds, and the gold seconds hand is the standard seconds.

Even cooler, it has 2 barrels, one powers the normal time, the other powers the chronograph function, so they're powered independently. Those two little hands at the bottom represent their respective power reserves. It's a cool watch to research, JLC is definitely still sits near the top of Haute Horology in my opinion!
Unbelievable... What is the power reserve as as a whole.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unbelievable... What is the power reserve as as a whole.
50 hours.

They both run 50 hours. The regular time can run without the chronograph being wound, but if the regular time is down, you can’t operate the Chrono. It’s very unique

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Thanks AtomicTom! It will definitely see ton of wrist time! The stars aligned just perfectly, because this was one I never thought I'd actually own! I was looking at Daytona's, but paying Double MSRP when there are pieces like this available didn't make much sense for my collecting. I wanted something that said "This guy loves watches!"
Totally Jimi, and this is a watch that stands out even among the standouts ! 😀😵
It will be one that you enjoy forever, and will always appreciate honestly. Wow !!!
Hope you really enjoy, and thank YOU for taking the time to share this wonder
with all of us like this. ;) :) 😎

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Thank you! I was torn between this and a Royal Oak Offshore. My brain was leaning AP, but the watch lover in me convinced me other wise.
You made the right choice i.m.o. The ROO is a bit, well, less refined and more 'present'.

Reactions: jimiwilli

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
jimiwilli that's incredible, congratulations on a timeless piece. I'm with Frans, your taste is impeccable.
Pictures just don't do it.
Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Beautiful watch, elegant and classic. Might I suggest editing the serial number out of your photo though.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Gorgeous watch... if I owned it I'm afraid it would end up a safe queen!

Reactions: jimiwilli

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
50 hours.

They both run 50 hours. The regular time can run without the chronograph being wound, but if the regular time is down, you can’t operate the Chrono. It’s very unique

Unique indeed... A command performance. One last question. What is the purpose of the subdial at 6 o'clock ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unique indeed... A command performance. One last question. What is the purpose of the subdial at 6 o'clock ?
That’s the flying seconds hand. It counts 1/6th of a second when the chronograph is activated!

I don’t know how to attach a video on TapTalk or I would show you. If you google it, you’ll see it in action. Very cool!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
That’s the flying seconds hand. It counts 1/6th of a second when the chronograph is activated!

I don’t know how to attach a video on TapTalk or I would show you. If you google it, you’ll see it in action. Very cool!

I will. Thanks...😊😎

1 - 20 of 28 Posts