Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Jade Monster arrived today!

Just like my Gen 2 Monster I didn’t like the looks of the bracelet, although it is good quality with solid end links, it seems too wide and has a mediocre clasp.

Immediately took the bracelet off, which was a breeze with the straight end links. Put it on varying NATOs,Tropic Strap and a Di-Modell waterproof leather strap as well.
Tried to mount it on a Shark mesh I had but, in the process, lost one of the screw pins. This baby deserves a polished link Shark Mesh which the one I was attempting to put on was brushed.

1st Impressions? Wow, just “F---ing Wow”. What a beautiful dial, the color changes from teal to light blue to sea green depending on what lighting you are in.

Hate to say it but, this baby pops even more so then my Breitling Chrono or my “Save the Ocean” Seiko Turtle. It’s definitely a keeper! Will try to take some better photos to show in the future, this watch is a stunner!

P.S. Chapter Ring is perfectly aligned, Seiko appears to have finally woke up!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Beautiful!...now ask me my opinion on NATO,s. No don’t, I’ll just tell you, they don’t look good on large thick watches. But that’s just me. The other looks great! Enjoy the ‘Hulk’ :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Put a big thick, distressed leather strap on that baby, like I’m going to do with my VX-200. And I’d rather not hear from anyone that you can’t put leather on a Diver...because I’ll just say you can’t own a flipping’ diving watch unless you’re a bonified, wetsuit wearing, certified scuba diver :D

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put a big thick, distressed leather strap on that baby, like I’m going to do with my VX-200. And I’d rather not hear from anyone that you can’t put leather on a Diver...because I’ll just say you can’t own a flipping’ diving watch unless you’re a bonified, wetsuit wearing, certified scuba diver :D
Well I tried on Natos, Tropic Staps and even an old rubber strap as well.

None rode comfortably on the wrist except the Di-Modell waterproof leather and the original bracelet which I put back on (easiest bracelet to take off and on I have ever seen) and reconsidered and now kind of like.

Still want to get a Polished Shark Mesh to try out as well, mesh always wears comfortably.

Reactions: Roarry and Voyager

·
Registered
64 Posts
That’s the bracelet that it came with!? That’s really nice! That leathers great too! Hit the streets....You’re good to go!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s the bracelet that came with it!? That’s really nice! That leathers great too! Hit the streets....You’re good to go!
Stock Bracelet and the Di-Modell flares out from the 20mm lug width to give a more balanced appearance and feel.

These straps are from Germany are really are waterproof.

Reactions: Voyager

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stock Bracelet and the Di-Modell flares out from the 20mm lug width to give a more balanced appearance and feel.

These straps are from Germany are really are waterproof.
Both look fine. Hmm..20mm..my new Sammy’s 22 I think. Wonder how they decide on width. That’s gotta be a bigger case than mine. My VX 200 is 23 or 24, nobody knows for sure on the web. I’ll have to find a caliper. Stinks if it is, really limits you.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both look fine. Hmm..20mm..my new Sammy’s 22 I think. Wonder how they decide on width. That’s gotta be a bigger case than mine. My VX 200 is 23 or 24, nobody knows for sure on the web. I’ll have to find a caliper. Stinks if it is, really limits you.
The only bracelets that turn me off are the integrated ones like on the Oris, or the ones with the odd numbers like 19mm and 21mm lug widths, making it hard to get after market bracelets and straps!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Voyager

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Looks amazing no matter how you slice it really Chaz, and holy cow, you
are so right about the dial ! :rockon: :)

In every picture it almost looks like a different dial color, or watch to tell
the truth. :clap2: Going from that teal, and aqua, to the nicest greens, and
blues, both light, and dark later on.

Wow, and that is really saying something with how it rivals your Breitling
chronograph, and STO Turtle like that. :eek: So glad the fit, and finish is on
such a high level too. Enjoy this Chaz ! ..HUGE congrats there !!!

·
Oris Freek
3,436 Posts
Was going to ask you about the chapter ring first thing. Glad yours lined up. Beautiful dial color. I know the lume is good. I'm happy for you Chaz. With all the shopping you did, to come up with something you like and want to keep. That's some great stuff. Congrats and enjoy. :thumb:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I loved the bracelet on my gen 1 orange monster. Wish I had kept that watch.
Bracelets are #1 for me, otherwise i like a 4-5mm thick leather strap.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Watch Freek
360 Posts
Aww c’mon!! A monster needs his metal! Most of my watches I have changed straps/bracelets but not the Ice monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aww c’mon!! A monster needs his metal! Most of my watches I have changed straps/bracelets but not the Ice monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I love about this watch, beyond the dial is the straight solid end links and drilled lug holes, makes it almost as easy to take off the bracket and put it back in as changing straps!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1st 24 hour accuracy report...........running at +2 seconds a day!

Hoping it was going to be running a little faster than that the 1st day out, because that probably means it will settle in running -4 seconds a day, and I prefer a fast watch.

Easier to reset a fast watch, just hack it, let the time catch up and then push the crown back in. A slow watch requires hacking and resetting the hands.

·
Registered
64 Posts
After seeing yours...I do like that green, the one for me in that color would be the SPB081J1. Nice they put sapphire in it and they should have threw in a ceramic bezel. The sure wanted some serious money for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts