Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Wednesday, the IWC Big Pilot Roadshow will land in my city and I have a reservation. If I am allowed I'll take some pictures. What watch shall I wear? :)

Reactions: Hondaman

·
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your biggest and best pilot watch
I didn't think of that, I was more thinking along the lines of the bold and brash Helson Sharkmaster 600 :) To start a conversation ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,279 Posts
Ooh man, that is crazy cool sir !! 😎:cool::D🎸

Check that out ! o_O(y)(y)

Yowza, an invitation, or reservation, and everything Frans !
Hmm, I say go with something colorful, and wild like the new
Smiths, or that Seestern if it’s to you by then. 😀

In any case, really hope you have a blast ! And thanks a ton
for the post !!!

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
I didn't think of that, I was more thinking along the lines of the bold and brash Helson Sharkmaster 600 :) To start a conversation ;)
That could be interesting but I have no doubt that IWC will only want to talk about one particular brand

·
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That could be interesting but I have no doubt that IWC will only want to talk about one particular brand
Mmm, what brand could that be? :)

·
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wore the Hamilton but it didn't ring a bell with the staff. I was not allowed to take pictures. The small building they put up was made up of stacked sea containers painted black with the IWC logo on the outside and clad with shiny wood on the inside. Nicely done. On display was IWC's complete Pilot range and things like cases (in all available materials) and a clever way to show a watch on 10 different straps and bracelets (sliding the case over a rails accross a round mounting containing alls straps). The guy who showed me around was knowledgeable, not just a hired hand. There were 7 security staff present on 5 IWC hosts! The new Big Pilot comes in 43 and 45mm. But way, way above my budget of course and I'd rather have a Mk. XVIII.

The bracelets are equipped with a very clever release mechanism that unhooks it at the lug side with the press of a small button located at the underside. I tried on a 43mm Big Pilot in steel on a bracelet with a dark blue dial. Nice watch but (apart from the price) it didn't make me want to own one. You can order a watch on site and they sell about 5 per day I was told.

·
Super Moderator
14,279 Posts
Sounds like it was a great experience Frans ! :cool::D

You know, even though you weren’t allowed to take pictures,
you did an amazing job giving us a feel for how it was. 🥇🏆
So thanks very very much for that !!! :);) ..You definitely
made it feel like we were right there with you, taking in all of
the sites, and sounds. I bet it was something you will never
forget, and may just do it again with them. Or even another
watch company down the road. (y)

Have to thank you again for the awesome report, as well as
play by play sir !!!

·
2,896 Posts
I wore the Hamilton but it didn't ring a bell with the staff. I was not allowed to take pictures. The small building they put up was made up of stacked sea containers painted black with the IWC logo on the outside and clad with shiny wood on the inside. Nicely done. On display was IWC's complete Pilot range and things like cases (in all available materials) and a clever way to show a watch on 10 different straps and bracelets (sliding the case over a rails accross a round mounting containing alls straps). The guy who showed me around was knowledgeable, not just a hired hand. There were 7 security staff present on 5 IWC hosts! The new Big Pilot comes in 43 and 45mm. But way, way above my budget of course and I'd rather have a Mk. XVIII.

The bracelets are equipped with a very clever release mechanism that unhooks it at the lug side with the press of a small button located at the underside. I tried on a 43mm Big Pilot in steel on a bracelet with a dark blue dial. Nice watch but (apart from the price) it didn't make me want to own one. You can order a watch on site and they sell about 5 per day I was told.
Those IWC guys know their watches and would have no time nor inclination to comment on your retro digital. But you know what? If they'd commented on it, my respect level (which to them is probably affixed at zero) would have been pegged!

·
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those IWC guys know their watches and would have no time nor inclination to comment on your retro digital. But you know what? If they'd commented on it, my respect level (which to them is probably affixed at zero) would have been pegged!
Too young to even know the existence of those watches I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts