2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well first off thanks to James for letting me have this blog. Unfortunately I am starting off on a down note. About a week ago one of my friends passed away from cancer. He was only 36. He battled it for almost a 10 years. He knew it was coming so he was prepared. I am very good friends with his younger brother who is my age (32). I got the call from him. It had to be one of the craziest phone calls I got. He started off telling me that the day before his son was born. I was absolutely thrilled, but then hold me about his brother. Talk about a swing in emotion. I cant image what my friend was feeling. He has his first child, then the next day his brother passes away. Later on that night I realized this was my 4th friend in 6 years to pass away! 36 the oldest, 26 the youngest. I mean I know that's life, but I am only 32. I always thought this stuff happens when you get much older. Then a few days ago i had to help my mom out. Shes a nanny and also takes care of the 79 grandmother. The old lady fell in the bathroom and my mom needed me to help her up. I go over do my good deed then I left. Well, later on that night I get a phone call that the old lady is in the hospital. Next day, another phone call saying that she passed. I think I have had enough bad news for a while. Anyway sorry to start off on such a down note. I will try to post more positive stuff, but expect more pissed off rants as well lol. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Oh, can someone tell me why after leaving customs in NYC, my package went to Long Island to be sorted! I live in NJ, the opposite direction. Logistically it does not make sense.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Now this is a blog I am looking forward to reading!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

THATS THE USPS FOR YOU - THEY MAKE NO SENSE SOMETIMES!!!

Sorry to hear about your losses brotha - sometimes life doesnt make much sense either - Hang Tough!!

IVXX wrote:

Oh, can someone tell me why after leaving customs in NYC, my package went to Long Island to be sorted! I live in NJ, the opposite direction. Logistically it does not make sense.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

Sorry to hear about your losses brotha - sometimes life doesnt make much sense either - Hang Tough!!

IVXX wrote:

Thanks G! On a positive note. This picture always makes me chuckle.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

sorry to hear about all the losses lately, Scott :( life has a strange way of reminding you to never take things for granted.

can't wait to see some pix of the Soxa Monster when it finally arrives :c

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
imported post

IVXX wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:

IVXX wrote:

Thanks G!  On a positive note. This picture always makes me chuckle.

Wow! That could scare a mom!

Sorry about your friends and neighbors. Hope now things are on an upswing for a while.

Rob

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
imported post

Sorry about your losses as well Scott.Hang in there bro.We're here for ya.Good luck with the blog.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks guys! Hey Dom I always have the Rangers to make me feel better. Oh and the Giants winning the Superbowl doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
imported post

IVXX wrote:
Thanks guys! Hey Dom I always have the Rangers to make me feel better. Oh and the Giants winning the Superbowl doesn't hurt.
Absolutely Scott....It's been a great year for us bro.First the G-Men,now the Rangers have to come through.They are playing fantastic.The King is playing lights out.Awesome for us all around.Cheers!:c

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
imported post

My condolences on your losses and this tough time. Things will turn around and get better!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Okay, so my garbage men suck. Besides coming at different time (sometimes in the am sometimes in the pm) They have attitudes. When I was walking my dogs in the late morning, as I was about to get back to my house, the garbage truck pulls up blowing his horn. I stopped and one of them gets out. He comes up to me and says "Do you think a person working as a sanitation worker should have to deal with dog piss on the garbage bags?" I told him did you see my dogs piss on any garbage bags? He responded no. Well there are a lot of people who live in my development. Seriously like 10k. I told him there are a ton of people who walk their dogs around here, so don't come up to me acting hard, and to answer your question, YES! Your a F'N garbage man deal with it. Then I just walked in. In no way do I think being a garbage man is a bad job, but they deal with nasty disgusting stuff. I mean if your worried about something like that then your in the wrong line of work.

RANT OVER

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
imported post

I have noticed that the more meanial, and less real power you have, the more you feel the need to exercise it. The school bus drivers here seem to act like they are traffic police. They threatened to tell the police on me for moving my car through an intersection that was more than 10 yards from where they stopped their bus to drop off children, and one time wrote down my liscense plate when there was a bunch of busses stopped, and the first driver told me it was ok to drive past them.

I think it must be tough and annoying to have such a job that people generally consider meanial. They probably think we are all laughing at them when we see them or something.

My advice is to take a different tac. When I get attacked like that, I just say, thanks for the advice, sorry if I screwed up, and i will try to be considerate in the future, then I thank them for the advice, and for their important job, and, if I can, get their name and try to remember it. This has helped in the past. The next time I see them, they are happy, they forgive any 'mistake' i am making, and it goes much better... They are suddenly on my side.

I am notsaying to do the same, but if youexperiment, you might be very surprised. Jersey is a tough place though, having grown up there. I cant guarantee results all the time!

Rob

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Time Traveler wrote:
I have noticed that the more meanial, and less real power you have, the more you feel the need to exercise it. The school bus drivers here seem to act like they are traffic police. They threatened to tell the police on me for moving my car through an intersection that was more than 10 yards from where they stopped their bus to drop off children, and one time wrote down my liscense plate when there was a bunch of busses stopped, and the first driver told me it was ok to drive past them.

I think it must be tough and annoying to have such a job that people generally consider meanial. They probably think we are all laughing at them when we see them or something.

My advice is to take a different tac. When I get attacked like that, I just say, thanks for the advice, sorry if I screwed up, and i will try to be considerate in the future, then I thank them for the advice, and for their important job, and, if I can, get their name and try to remember it. This has helped in the past. The next time I see them, they are happy, they forgive any 'mistake' i am making, and it goes much better... They are suddenly on my side.

I am notsaying to do the same, but if youexperiment, you might be very surprised. Jersey is a tough place though, having grown up there. I cant guarantee results all the time!

Rob
Rob I always try to be nice to people. I mean that's how I wanted to be treated, but if you act nasty or disrespect me then you see my other side. They drove their big truck up to me blowing their horn and jumping out and walking up on me, obviously trying to intimidate me. :% Not gonna happen. If he went about it with out being such a d-bag, I would have told him I would do my best not to have my dogs piss on garbage bags. But like you said this is Jersey :lol

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I think I am in love... well at lest in lust. :%For me this is the perfect girl. I just felt I needed to share her hotness with everyone.

Bahara Golestani

1 - 18 of 18 Posts