Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It seems to me that brown watches (bezel, face, case. etc.) are a hit or miss with many. I personally for some reason cannot imagine owning one. Not sure what the reason is exactly but any brown (other than strap) is a definite no for me....you guys?

CJ

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Generally no CJ, but there have been a couple that had me on the fence. I liked the brown MOP SAIII after seeing a number of "live" pics of the dial. I also kinda liked the brown dial SAS, but decided against it, because like you, I just can't get with this particular color on a watch...for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Rick, I bought the smaller version of that one for the wife. I gotta say, I was impressed when that thing landed! I took a closer look at brown MOP after seeing it, but alas, still no brown in the collection.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I saw a brown dial Vulcan yesterday that was very slick. At times it almost looked purple. Very cool. Most times I would not go brown though.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

My first Renato was a Wildebeast about 18 months agi it was a Rosetone with brown MOP just like currents, well it went right back it was not for me!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Brown MOP would probably be the only exception I would consider.
CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
I loved this one (until I broke it). No more brown dial watches in my collection. :(

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
imported post

You never go wrong with any of the Renato Brown dials, especially their Brown MOP.

Never really did catch this one right but it is AWESOME in person.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

When I get back into the game again I would like to pick up a brown MOP dial or a brown sunray dial. I really like the SAS with the brown dial, but unfortunately it isn't the 7750.

·
Registered
120 Posts
imported post

I have 2 both sunray finishes

SAIII

ADK automatic

I quite like 'em, would've liked the brown MOP SAIII but it was $100 more when I bought mine.

Steve

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I think that brown SAN III is hot looking. I also like the brown MOP dial. I would be all over them if I had some money.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I would like to get a brown dialed watch, really I do.

It's just that no matter what I've seen there always seems to be something unappealing to me. Either the manufacturer, the movement, design or size. There's just never been that "perfect" combination for me.

I suppose eventually I'll come across something that I'll like.

Just haven't yet.

T.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts