Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I saw one of these hanging on the wall at a client's home. I loved it and had to find out more about them...and have one.

The company is called Maples Clock and they make a variety of very cool wall clocks, including a full line of "Gear wall clocks" that are basically cool modern skeleton wall clocks.

The one I got is called the Large Moving-Gear Wall Clock with Glass Cover
Gear wall clock with front glass cover
Clock Size: 8″ x 22″
Clock N.W.: 8 lbs
Battery: 2 x Size D (1.5v)
You can see it at http://www.maplesclock.com/category/wall-clocks/gear-wall-clocks/

It is REALLY impressive. The large red second hand sweeps VERY smoothly like a nice automatic wrist watch. It is a fake automatic and the entire clock is actually run by 2 D-Batteries. There is a pull chain at the very bottom that when pulled activates all of the spinning "gears" to begin moving. The moving gears really have nothing to do with the actual watch working, but still look REALLY cool when they are all moving and turning. So you can have just the clock running all the time, and only activate the moving gears when you have company or want to watch everything move. I have been staring at it all move for the past 1/2 hour, lol

I have not put this on the wall yet, but will later tonight. I wanted to snap a few quick pics and post! I am really happy with the quality of the entire piece. It is very heavy, thick glass, and a silent smooth moving movement.

Video I took
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/qjCUuTCikWc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Pictures -

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

This is so cool. I'm getting me one of these.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I just took a video and uploading to youtube now. taking forever.

Here are more from their site -

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm ordering GCL05-78 for our house.....I even got the green light from my wife for this. I guess clocks are okay and watches still require special permission......

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

Spaceview wrote:
I'm ordering GCL05-78 for our house.....I even got the green light from my wife for this. I guess clocks are okay and watches still require special permission......

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Added video to the first post

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

That is SO cool, James! It looks like you got the coolest one they sell. I want one, too...er, NEED one, too is more like it. Thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Very cool James. I don't think I will be able to sell that one to my wife. She doesn't let me mess with the house decorating. Maybe the office needs one however Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

Sign me up too. Those are way too cool to pass on.

Great post James.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Very cool James. I don't think I will be able to sell that one to my wife. She doesn't let me mess with the house decorating. Maybe the office needs one however Ha Ha LOL!!!
The way I see it, this should NOT get anyone in trouble for coming out of the NBZ. This is not a wrist watch, it is a WALL CLOCK - TOTALLY DIFFERENT, lol. So getting one of these should be totally approved by all spouses as a completely different purchase - hahahahahaha.

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the post Jim, these are fascinating !!! and great price too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.