Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I made it clear over the summer that I was no longer flying...not for work, not for love, not for money...No way, no how...I'm preparing to drive 16 plus hrs. 'cuz I can't bear to take even an hours' flight...Do you have any ridiculous phobias ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

Mine are flying and heights. Since 9/11 it would take an act of God to get me on a plane.

Duchess wrote:
I made it clear over the summer that I was no longer flying...not for work, not for love, not for money...No way, no how...I'm preparing to drive 16 plus hrs. 'cuz I can't bear to take even an hours' flight...Do you have any ridiculous phobias ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Since 9/11 it would take an act of God to get me on a plane.
That's exactly when my fear of flying kicked into high gear...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,415 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Mine are flying and heights. Since 9/11 it would take an act of God to get me on a plane.

Duchess wrote:
I made it clear over the summer that I was no longer flying...not for work, not for love, not for money...No way, no how...I'm preparing to drive 16 plus hrs. 'cuz I can't bear to take even an hours' flight...Do you have any ridiculous phobias ?
I look at it this way...if it is your time to leave the planet, there is nothing that you can do to stop it. So don't sweat it, just live life and enjoy yourself. Look at it like you are in a bus at 10,000 feet with less traffic!!

No phobia's here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

i have a phobia of planes but not because of 9/11 more so for my kids

heights its always a good one too

other than that - nope -when my day comes to kick the bucket - its gonna come whether you like it or not -besides i dont think it ends there!!

i think we go on......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
imported post

Something about being in a car near water nearly causes me to have anxiety attacks.

I am a nervous wreck driving around the lake when going fishing. Going over a bridge is no problem unless the river or creek below is flooded and raging.

I cannot even attempt to back a boat in the water at a boat ramp.

What is funny, I CAN SWIM, and swim good. I love the water.

One girlfriend told me that I must have died in a car in the water accident in a past life, or that I would in this one.

I am not so sure about reincarnation, but we don't know these things do we now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

dont worry so much - the Great One looks after us, and nothing will happen to us we cannot handle - you need to deal with your stress - maybe take up meditation??


Tera-Ram wrote:
Something about being in a car near water nearly causes me to have anxiety attacks.

I am a nervous wreck driving around the lake when going fishing. Going over a bridge is no problem unless the river or creek below is flooded and raging.

I cannot even attempt to back a boat in the water at a boat ramp.

What is funny, I CAN SWIM, and swim good. I love the water.

One girlfriend told me that I must have died in a car in the water accident in a past life, or that I would in this one.

I am not so sure about reincarnation, but we don't know these things do we now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

Phobia no, but I am scared to death of Spiders though. I was bitten by a Goliath bird eating spider that a former freind of mine owned. He put it on me and I wigged out and it bit me, the spider got a foot stomp, and Tim god a Ambulance ride and his jaw wired shut. Tim and I have not spoken sense!!! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Goliath bird eating spider
Just the name alone makes me shudder...You would not believe how big my imagination has made that spider...Ugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
imported post

I get real nervous hiking in Bear country. I know that not every noise that I hear is a bear stalking me yet I'm sure that every noise that I hear is a bear stalking me. I've never had a run in with a bear and I never want to!

A friend of mine once said, "Don't worry about outrunning the bear, just outrun one person in your group." The trouble is, just about everybody I know can outrun me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Always wear something that makes noise...Let the bear hear you coming so he has time to scram...And for God's sake, DON'T RUN !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
Always wear something that makes noise...Let the bear hear you coming so he has time to scram...And for God's sake, DON'T RUN !
Your right Duchess a person should never try to outrun a bear. My previous comment was an attempt at humor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Russ B-28 wrote:
My previous comment was an attempt at humor.
So was my, "don't run" comment...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Goliath bird eating spider
Just the name alone makes me shudder...You would not believe how big my imagination has made that spider...Ugh
It's big enough to hunt down and kill & eat turkeys, emus, ostriches, and even hawks, condors, eagles, and other birds of prey.

I believe they are about as big as a large house cat. Pssst.







JK LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
imported post

I believe when your number comes up your time is up. So that being said, I have no fear of flying. My number is safe. BUT my worry is the PILOTS NUMBER!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
It's big enough to hunt down and kill & eat turkeys, emus, ostriches, and even hawks, condors, eagles, and other birds of prey.

I believe they are about as big as a large house cat. Psss
After having read that,this was the look on my face before I got to your, "j/k" comment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
Tera-Ram wrote:
It's big enough to hunt down and kill & eat turkeys, emus, ostriches, and even hawks, condors, eagles, and other birds of prey.

I believe they are about as big as a large house cat. Psss
After having read that,this was the look on my face before I got to your, "j/k" comment.
I have never been in so much pain, and sick at the same time in my life. If memory serves me right I was not the same for well over a month.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,045 Posts
imported post

Hate spiders, hate spider webs..........!!!!:x

RipitRon wrote:
Duchess wrote:
Tera-Ram wrote:
It's big enough to hunt down and kill & eat turkeys, emus, ostriches, and even hawks, condors, eagles, and other birds of prey.

I believe they are about as big as a large house cat. Psss
After having read that,this was the look on my face before I got to your, "j/k" comment.
I have never been in so much pain, and sick at the same time in my life. If memory serves me right I was not the same for well over a month.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top