Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw the woman that had her face & hands ripped off by her friends' chimp...She is almost unrecognizable as a human being...Her face is monstrous...She is brave & hopeful, something I don't think I could be if I was in her place.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

was she on Oprah today or something? I think I heard about her being on but was not sure when.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Here is the Associated Press story - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gqs_07MVUDSf2Tg4iojR-JyiZ2BgD9BTG0180

Woman attacked by chimp reveals face on 'Oprah'

CHICAGO — A Connecticut woman who was attacked by a 200-pound chimpanzee has revealed her face and says she's ready to heal and move forward.

On Wednesday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," Charla Nash says she's starting to get stronger.

The animal ripped off Nash's hands, nose, lips and eyelids during the February attack. She's being treated at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Nash says she no longer has eyes, eats everything through a straw and can't breathe through her nose. But she says she isn't in pain and often goes for walks.

Nash also says it feels like "patches of tape or gauze" are covering her face and she doesn't remember anything from the attack.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
was she on Oprah today or something?
Yes, she was...I saw jb talking about it so, I turned the tv on in my office...It was like nothing I have ever seen in my life.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

WOW! What a mutilation it did to her.
You do know the average Chimp has the strength of 5-8 men.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

OMG...wow i feel so bad for her...It is unbelievable the amount of strength those animals have...I cant even imagine what she was feeling while this was happening...

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

She is taking the experience well, me I would rather be dead actually!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I agree with you to be honest.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I would rather be dead actually!
You ain't kiddin'...I just couldn't go through life looking like that...No way..No how.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

absolutey terrible........she doesnt even have a face......and in reality, the most extensive plastic surgery on the planet wont really change much when you are that damaged.....i feel so bad for her, and i give her credit , she is very strong, but me, maybe im vein, but i could not deal with it, i agree with others, at that point, i would rather be dead......

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
DITTO. I have the utmost compassion for this little lady. She is actually a candidate for a face and hands transplant. Both must be done at the same time because the body parts must come from the same donor. Even if this were to transpire, it will take years of therapy for use and healing. Not a road that most would want to endure, myself included.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

WOW I'm surprised she even survived and didn't die of shock while it happened. She is a brave lady indeed.

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Saad story but people need to know that chimps almost live long as humans do, once they hit puberty no longer are they willing to play dress-up and are the little loving chimps people see! They are very strong and will rip your face off and tear a mans junk off!! They need to be left in the wild or in zoo's where they are still treated like a wild animal!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

THAT IS THE REAL ISSUE - leave the exotic pets like chimps, lions, tigers, etc IN THE WILD or a zoo.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I use too be into Snakes, and at one time I had 48 snakes. My prize snake was a green Mamba, he was a bad sombitch. When I would go into the snake room, I always looked at the cage across from the door where he was housed to ensure he was there before I walked into the room. Well one day he wasnt there and the lid was pushed off the cage, so I grabbed my tongs and walk into the room and Pop I got bit right in the a$$. Now he wasnt hot, but I hit the panic button, got the snake into the cage, removed the crofab from the fridge (Crofab is anti venom) and got a ride too the hospital. I thought I was dieing, at least I had convinced myself of that anyways. The bite was dry so I didnt have any ill effects. That was the beginning of the end for me.

You people are correct, nobody goes very long without being bit, being killed, or being mauled. They have a place in this world and we should leave them there.

I no longer mess with Snakes, although I do miss having a popes tree viper (beautiful Animal) but I had realized that one day I would be dead and it was time to get into dogs!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts