Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four Orbis Morgan rubber straps, excellent product and from the photos look almost identical to the Isoframes. I don't own or have never seen an Isoframe.

The price difference is shocking, over $100 for the Isoframe, and $18 for the Orbis Morgan (delivered) ???

Does anyone own both brands of these straps, and is there any justification in spending the extra $100 on the Isoframe?

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I've owned all as well. I will say the isofrane is better...not by a huge margin, but better.
Is it worth $100 more? No,,. It's rubber and they are grossly overpriced. But they are a little softer/more pliable.

My favorite rubber strap at the moment is the Hirsch Accent. Even more expensive than the isofrane, but I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I've owned all as well. I will say the isofrane is better...not by a huge margin, but better.
Is it worth $100 more? No,,. It's rubber and they are grossly overpriced. But they are a little softer/more pliable.

My favorite rubber strap at the moment is the Hirsch Accent. Even more expensive than the isofrane, but I love it.

My favorite is a Hirsch too, the Pure

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I own several OM's, several Isofranes, and a Hirsch Accent. The OM's, while perfectly OK for $18, aren't in the same league as the ISO or the Hirsch. My Father always told me "Son, it always costs 80% more to go First Class".

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
I haven't tried the OM starps, but have had quite a few Isofranes and Benarus "CUDA" straps along with the silicone style ones that Yobokies sells.

The Isofrane is still tops in my book. The only other rubber I have owned that I would place as a close second is actually the Bonneto Cinturini Italian rubber straps (feel and smell almost identical).

The CUDA straps are good, especially considering they usually cost about half what Isofrane charges. I'd like to give the Obris Morgan versions a shot one of these days just to compare for myself.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feed back, I'm pretty satisfied with the OM straps, although if I had a small wrist I don't think these straps would work too well.

The Hirsch Accent has piqued my interest, it looks like the same strap they have on the new Oris 65 diver.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Thanks for the feed back, I'm pretty satisfied with the OM straps, although if I had a small wrist I don't think these straps would work too well.

The Hirsch Accent has piqued my interest, it looks like the same strap they have on the new Oris 65 diver.

The Accent is similar but a different strap than is used on the 65

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
FWIW, Borealis has entered a new budget strap in the Iso-style hunger games. It is vulcanized rubber and scuttlebutt is that it is very comfortable and superior to their previous effort, but so far, only comes in 22mm black.

http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/watch-straps/

Reactions: scotty and Danny T

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Isofrane my favorite but like hirsch a lot. Agree with Bonetto for the price they are fantastic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
You can now add the new vulcanized Borealis strap into the mix. From what the guys who have tried it have said, it's a pretty good strap. Some like it better than the Cuda.

http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/watch-straps/#!/Borealis-Vulcanized-Rubber-Strap-22mm-Black-Best-Offer-in-Market/p/39772276/category=10438972

After over a year developing a new vulcanized rubber formula we are able to present our interpretation of what a rubber strap should be about: durable, vintage looking and affordable.

The Borealis Rubber Strap 22mm Black has a size of 130/75 mm, a diameter of 22mm and is made of vulcanized rubber. Its composition does not contain any kind of silicone just rubber though it is flexible as a silicone rubber without attracting dust.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I got my strap on Friday. After wearing it for a couple days, I like it.

First off, this is a great strap for the price. Nice and thick with good keepers.

That being said, this strap is not in the same league as Isofrane. The rubber is not as pliable. It seems a bit denser, with a slight plastic/wax like texture. Still good, but different from Isofrane. The buckle is OK, but it is thin. Well finished, but again, nothing like Isofrane's offerings. (which alone cost more than this strap/buckle!)

Overall, GREAT strap for the price. Very comfortable, looks good. I'd buy another without hesitation, but given the option of this and an Isofrane, I'd still pay $100 for the Isofrane.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
well CM...DANNY T. would know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 about ITALIAN NATURAL RUBBER FROM PLANTATIONS IN AFRICA and not from PETROLEUM... since he has a huge ISO vault...but i opine

there is a discernible diff between 15 dolla OBRIS MORGA-FRANE & hunerd dolla ISO out of AUSTRIA same parent company as AQUADIVE

depends on the freeks:

ability to afford-

ratio of watch head to strap value...maybe 5 C notes & up warrant gen-U-wine ISO ?

otherwise, if you got a C note and want the best...you can't take it into your sarcophagus-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts