Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just got the tree and dragged the trimmings down from the attic. My wife does most of the actual decorating with the kids away. It was more fun when everyone was home as it was a cherished family time. Everyone will be home soon for the holiday. Looking forward to that.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

Not this year.I'm putting up some decorations around the house though.I still use the old type with the bulbs.Ever tried those? if the line is 50 ft and just one bulb is burned, they all go out.You have to check all of them to find that one blown bulb.:b

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

We bought a fake tree last year and its still in the basement. Don't really have anywhere to put it this year, dining room is trashed with remodel we started and haven't got around to finishing and living room has way too much stuff in it for anything much less a tree, lol.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I have the tree in the den up & decorated, I'll get to the one in the great room sometime this upcoming week...I have poinsettias on almost every available surface & the smell of cinnamon potpourri fills the air...I am totally into this entire production of the holidays...I intend to borrow a small child & we will be going to see Santa, he's old enough now that I'm hoping he won't begin to shriek the moment I sit him on Santa's lap...I'm having a blast with everything that pertains to Christmas.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Theresa and I enjoy the Chtristmas season. This year we purchased an artificial tree. Are norm was to go to a Christmas tree farm in St Johns, Indiana and get a live tree. Last season our nephew Danny helped us put up the live tree. Then durring the season the stand broke, it was getting old like me, :lol! This year we purchased a tree which is pre lit and goes together in three sections. We decieded to keep on the tradition of going to the tree farm but this year to get a live wreath and keep that nice smell of a live tree in the living room. The tree is up just waiting for the ornaments and such. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

My wife got the 2 trees up right after Thanksgiving. Today I put up the outside decorations and we are both decorating the inside of the house. I bring everything up from the basement and my wife sets all the decorations out. It's really looking good! I love this time of the year!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Oh Yeah!

We put our tree up on the day prior to Thanksgiving. This is the first year, that we put up an artificial tree. We actually purchase a Thomas Picone tree from ShopNBC. We purchased the 7 footer and to be honest... It looks GREAT!

Great, as in... It looks just like a real tree! I'm serious! I wouldn't have believed it myself, but... It's True!

It didn't take long to put it up, then primp it.

The one huge draw-back of purchasing the artificial tree... There's no fresh pine smell, that will overwhelm our house...

And that's what I miss, most of all...

I've got a few, pine tree scented ornaments on the way and hopefully should be arriving, sometime nextweek. We've tried Yankee Candles- Mountain Pine, it's not bad... But somethings missing... Hopefully, these scented ornaments will do the trick.

Pics will be on the way soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.