Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First, I think the inventor of the mechanical clock was beyond genius.

To create a mechanical machine to measure and track an immutable natural force in such a primitive and backwardsera of human historywould almost seem to me to haverequired supernatural or extraterrestial knowledge, but I am jumping off the deep end, I assume that the inventors did not grasp the possibilities of space/time/thought all being parts of the greater whole, the multi-verse.

I assume the creators were only working to make a machine that could count off a designated amount of seconds, minutes, and hours per day, not measure and track a force of nature. Nonetheless, they did create such a machine when ideas and ideals about the concept of time had just barely been scratched.

If time is indeed a force of nature like gravity and electromagnetism, then what would make it any more immutable than the other two? Oh wait that's right we haven't grasped control of gravity yet, but we do understand gravitons create its effect, we also understand chronotons create the entropy of time, what about that third natural force, electromagnetism?

Well, we humans have a very strong grasp of beyond just the basics and understand fully that electrons create the EMF or Electro-Motive Force that causes and reacts to this force. We take it for granted on a daily basis every time we turn on a light, a TV, a computer, etc.

Where will we be when we can grasp and control gravity and time just to the point of where we can control EMF today?

Think about it.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

....and all I could think while reading this is that you (TR) are sure a lot smarter than me.

Tera-Ram wrote:
First, I think the inventor of the mechanical clock was beyond genius.

To create a mechanical machine to measure and track an immutable natural force in such a primitive and backwardsera of human historywould almost seem to me to haverequired supernatural or extraterrestial knowledge, but I am jumping off the deep end, I assume that the inventors did not grasp the possibilities of space/time/thought all being parts of the greater whole, the multi-verse.

I assume the creators were only working to make a machine that could count of a designated amount of seconds, minutes, and hours per day, not measure and track a force of nature. Nonetheless, they did create such a machine when ideas and ideals about the concept of time had just barely been scratched.

If time is indeed a force of nature like gravity and electromagnetism, then what would make it any more immutable than the other two? Oh wait that's right we haven't grasped control of gravity yet, but we do understand gravitons create its effect, we also understand chronotons create the entropy of time, what about that third natural force, electromagnetism?

Well, we humans have a very strong grasp of beyond just the basics and understand fully that electrons create the EMF or Electro-Motive Force that causes and reacts to this force. We take it for granted on a daily basis every time we turn on a light, a TV, a computer, etc.

Where will we be when we can grasp and control gravity and time just to the point of where we can control EMF today?

Think about it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I was lost right after the word "First...." lol.

only kidding. i am a little lost on how you jump from watch making to controlling gravity? A mechanical watch is a machine. it is moving parts that move in a way to calculate minutes, seconds, etc. Controlling gravity I think is something much different.

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

According to physicists....time is man's concept but in fact does not exist in the universe.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

TinyDancer wrote:
According to physicists....time is man's concept but in fact does not exist in the universe.
This would be debatable in a much protracted conversation!

Time must exist outside of only human perception because events that have no relevance to human perception occur, ie. Supernovae, hydrogen fusion into helium, radioactive decay, etc all kinds of events occur in the multiverse without human knowledge or perception of them. It's kind of like the old query, If a tree falls in the woods with no one around does it make sound. I understand your point time like sound are human concepts, however the falling tree would vibrate the air during the fall and create the potential for sound. Events occur in the universe with entropy regardless of whether humans know about them or not.

Internationally-renowned physicist and co-founder of string field theory, Dr. Michio Kaku theorizes that Time is the fourth dimension of space and he is correct.

To arrive for any event in space, you mush have four dimensions of points to meet.

X,Y,Z, and t (Time).

Example, Your friend wants you to meet them for lunch, you need all four dimensions in order to meet your friend. Here on Earth, you will need a latitude (x) a longitude (y) and floor height or level (z) and the time to meet. (t) Without all four of these dimensional coordinates, you would fail to meet your friend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

This is debatable. Fun...but as yet unknown.

I should say time as WE know it does not exist in the world of astrophysics.

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

Time is not a force like wind, gravity or any number of other forces in our lives except in the realm of science fiction. Time can't be harnessed or saved, it can only be spent. Which, now that I think about it, makes it probably the most powerful influence on all our lives.

Great post.

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

If memory serves me, Clocks or ways to measure time were first developed for the Mainers of the time. The needed a way to measure time so they could travel the seas and tack at the proper time according to the charts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts