1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Features:

• Intel® Celeron® Processor N2840
  • Chrome OS™
  • 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz (Memory is not user replaceable)
  • Intel® Integrated Graphics
  • 16GB solid state flash memory (eMMC)
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth
  • Bluetooth® V4.0
  • Equipped with essential ports and features like a USB 3.0 port
  • Equipped with the latest dual-antenna 802.11ac Wi-fi so you can enjoy more speed
  • Sleek and portable
  • Up to 11 hours of battery life
  • 13.3 inch diagonal, HD display in a 12 inch body
Read more at https://www.yugster.com/todays-deals/daily-tech-deal#FTH20yTSosiTop4H.99

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I would say so. I have an HP chromebook 14 and I got mine brand new from someone on eBay last year for like $225 and I thought that was a hell of a deal.
I'm temped to buy this one just to have another or a backup. Love my chromebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can highly recommend it. The screen is superb and the battery life is great too!

I took it with me on a business trip to Luxembourg recently and was able to work on in in the train during the whole 5 hour trip.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Take with a gain of salt as I have a natural tendency toward paranoia...

Great deal on Chromebook: Yes.

However, I would never use a Chromebook, or any other device where it is set up to have the majority of the data you save saved to the cloud. Currently, there is little legislation/laws that protect that data as yours. Consequently, as soon as you upload a file of any type to a cloud service it becomes there property and the company can do with it what they choose. Granted, many cloud based companies have some decent EULA's that spell out how they'll use your data and provide some protections with that agreement. I still do not trust those EULA's as the way current laws are, you still have very little protection and companies can change EULA's at any time.

Further food for thought... since you don't own those servers, if law enforcement wants to search your records on the Google servers they can do so without ever having you know. They will get a warrant to search Google servers. Since the data is stored on Google property they can do this without ever having to notify you.

Use cloud services with caution.

.... Now, as a I said, I tend toward paranoia, so take that with a grain of salt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts