Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

By now everyone has heard about what David Letterman is going through in regards to his indiscretions...Is this our business ?...Is it news ?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sure it is news. Entertainment news and pretty funny. Basically he had a bed in his office and he hooked up with multiple staff members.

It is only "news" because he is a celebrity and many people are interested in that stuff I guess.

It probably is not our business, BUT he was being blackmailed for 2 million dollars, which is a crime. That part is definitely news and it led to all the other stuff.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I think when we went from NEWS to Entertainment News

like the OJ chase/trial/etc thing

we lost all credibility

can you distinguish REAL NEWS vs stuff to fill up time??

its a shame

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Basically he had a bed in his office
I had to laugh when I heard that...Freakin' men, jeez...I'm thinking stuff like this happens everyday in the workplace...So manypeople spend more time with their co-workers than they do with their partners that it's bound to happen with regularity, not that I think it's acceptable, that's just an observation of what I see through peopleI know& stories they tell me.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I think as a society we are way to much up everyone elses butts into their business.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I second that!! WAY WAY TOO MUCH!! -good point Jeff!!

Tera-Ram wrote:
I think as a society we are way to much up everyone elses butts into their business.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
You're absolutely right !...I wouldn't dream of getting into someones' personal business...It's rude & uncouth and I just really don't care enough about it to do so...I'veNEVER cared about anyone elses' sex life & the fact that it's often gossip involving politicians & celebirties doesn't make it any more intriguing to me.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I think David Letterman is an ass for bringing this up on his show. He made jokes about his indiscretions. Where is the N.O.W. gang to speak out against a hostile working enviornment? Sorry, but I find this whole thing distasteful! News isn't news anymore. it's entertainment news and that is a shame. Journalists aren't journalists, they are entertainment reporters.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
Where is the N.O.W. gang to speak out against a hostile working enviornment?
According to what I have heard & read, the David Letterman show is a very "female friendly" workplace...None of the chicks have complaints about their working enviroment & many vie for a position there...Having said that, I do understand that I can't believe everything I hear & read...

·
Registered
563 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
I think David Letterman is an ass for bringing this up on his show. He made jokes about his indiscretions. Where is the N.O.W. gang to speak out against a hostile working enviornment? Sorry, but I find this whole thing distasteful! News isn't news anymore. it's entertainment news and that is a shame. Journalists aren't journalists, they are entertainment reporters.
Preach it brother!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Biggun wrote:
sheraortho wrote:
Preach it brother!!!!
I just find the hypocraqcy distasteful. If this were anyone other than a liberal celebrity, people would be all over him for doing what he has done! Plus, he never really made a true apology for what he did. He danced around it rather than manning up and taking responsibility for his actions. SORRY, Rant Over!

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

The whole thing is shameful, News, maybe.

We should be worried about more important things.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately when one makes their living by being in front of the public and that living is predicated on popularity one runs the risk of losing their privacy. Is it right, is it our business? No, but it is what it is.
Little Miss Brittany Spears was never as popular then when she was "train wrecking" all over the place. We love to see the people we put on top come crashing down.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Who is David Letterman? LOL

Not really news to me. I heard about it, but could care less. :)

How about those Phillies???????

·
Registered
469 Posts
imported post

The evening news with Walter Kronkite has been replaced by Entertainment Tonight and TMZ...

"And that's the way it is..."

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

I think its funny he has put everyone else down on his show about the very thing he's been doing

·
Registered
469 Posts
imported post

"Bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at 5, she can tell ya bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye, interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry..."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts