Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Many people say the 8926 is the standard for Invicta. With aclassic Rolex Submariner look (almost identical look), the Pro Diver has been the watch that most people associate with Invicta.





What do you think about the Pro Diver 8926?


Additional info for the Pro Diver 8926

Features include:
  • Case: polished/brushed stainless steel
  • Dial color: black dial (other colors available)
  • Bracelet: polished/brushed stainless steel
  • Clasp type: deployment
  • Movement: Japan automatic movement (21 jewels)
  • Crystal: mineral
  • Calendar: date display at 3 o'clock
  • Water resistant: 200 meters
  • Case dimensions: 40 mm diameter x 13 mm thick
  • Bracelet dimensions: 20 mm W x 9.5 in. L
  • Special features: sweep second hand; luminous hands and hour markers; unidirectional elapsed time bezel; skeleton see-through case back
  • Crown: Screw down
  • Water Resistance: 20 ATM - 200m - 660ft
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
imported post

I may be a little bias... But it is the legend as I have heard it refered to lol. I love mine so far. I thought the case was only 40mm?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

GoDuke1 wrote:
I may be a little bias... But it is the legend as I have heard it refered to lol. I love mine so far. I thought the case was only 40mm?
I must be getting old, lol. You are correct and I adjusted. Must have mistyped originally.

This brings up a good point about the 8926, which is the similar and popular 8926C model. The 8926C is commonly mistaken for the popular Rolex Submariner model. Below you can see the 8926 case on the left and the 8926C on the right, and the Rolex Submariner below. The main different between the 2 Invicta models is the outer bevel.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
imported post

I have always considered the 8926 with the coin edge and winged seconds hand to be THE model that all Invicta fans should have in their collection. I personally had two, but recently passed one on to my oldest son.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
imported post

I like that caseback. I wish they still made it that way. the writing on the glass looks cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
imported post

i do agree. the 8926 is something of a poster child for invicta or maybe was.
I don't know if a person who isn't familiar with the Invicta game would agree tho. i think the company has put a lot into marketing their more diverse and "flavored out" lines...The russian diver for example, and the Lupah lines as well. They've invested so much in creating a variety, that i think the average uninformed consumer in current times wouldn't associate it with Invicta.
BUT!!!!! those of us who have time and effort paid into this company would most certainly agree that the 8926 is a legend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,230 Posts
imported post

TheWATCHer wrote:
GoDuke1 wrote:
I may be a little bias... But it is the legend as I have heard it refered to lol. I love mine so far. I thought the case was only 40mm?
I must be getting old, lol. You are correct and I adjusted. Must have mistyped originally.

This brings up a good point about the 8926, which is the similar and popular 8926C model. The 8926C is commonly mistaken for the popular Rolex Submariner model. Below you can see the 8926 case on the left and the 8926C on the right, and the Rolex Submariner below. The main different between the 2 Invicta models is the outer bevel.


They look great on NATO straps!:c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
imported post

I don't currently own one but this is probably the only Invicta I would consider. It is a sharp looking watch.
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,651 Posts
imported post

I've wanted to get that model for over a year, but keep on getting distracted.

If I did get an invicta, that would be the one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
imported post

This was my first and best Invicta...I have worn it as a beater for over 2 years.





I will own an 8926C one of these days. I also own several other Invictas, all inexpensive. The only one which comes close to bring me as much happiness is another Pro Diver, the 8928OB.





There is NO better series than the Pro Diver, especially with the miyota movt. I will also own the PD with the 8205 someday. I saw one on JomaDeals, yesterday, but did not have the beans. I really like the Abyss model, but they are hard to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
imported post

I had the 8926C until I sold it off my wrist today. Great watch for the price. It was my daily beater. I also have the 8928OB that has not had too much wrist time yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
imported post

I agree that every Invicta fan should have one like this. For me the 40 mm case is to small so I got the 6882 a couple of months ago.
It has a 44 mm case and the Sellita SW200 movement. I love it and it is a keeper.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
imported post

I have this watch and it hasreplaced the GM reseve excursion as my favorite Invicta. I wear it a lot.

Can't beat it for comfort and it looks prettygood.

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
861 Posts
imported post

Along with most of the other 40mm Mako automatic series PD models, I've owned at least one version of the 8926 for well over 5 years. So far, so good. :)

Most of us Invicta fans mourn the passing of Invicta quality for price we once enjoyed prior to 2008. However, the 40mm Mako series keep chugging right along. It's a perennial. If Invicta ever drops the line, then I'll know Eyal Lalo has finally and completely lost his mind. :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

silent sam wrote:
Along with most of the other 40mm Mako automatic series PD models, I've owned at least one version of the 8926 for well over 5 years. So far, so good. :)

Most of us Invicta fans mourn the passing of Invicta quality for price we once enjoyed prior to 2008. However, the 40mm Mako series keep chugging right along. It's a perennial. If Invicta ever drops the line, then I'll know Eyal Lalo has finally and completely lost his mind. :eek:
You literally can never make a post where you dont bring this stuff up. Not one.
It is sad/disappointing that you personally can not move past this stuff like most others have.
You bring it up over and over again, even when others have not.

Your first sentence was fine and on topic, but of course like always, you had to add the additional stuff to possibly derail threads about certain watches. So typical and predictable.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,876 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
silent sam wrote:
Along with most of the other 40mm Mako automatic series PD models, I've owned at least one version of the 8926 for well over 5 years. So far, so good. :)

Most of us Invicta fans mourn the passing of Invicta quality for price we once enjoyed prior to 2008. However, the 40mm Mako series keep chugging right along. It's a perennial. If Invicta ever drops the line, then I'll know Eyal Lalo has finally and completely lost his mind. :eek:
You literally can never make a post where you dont bring this stuff up. Not one.
It is sad/disappointing that you personally can not move past this stuff like most others have.
You bring it up over and over again, even when others have not.

Your first sentence was fine and on topic, but of course like always, you had to add the additional stuff to possibly derail threads about certain watches. So typical and predictable.
Bravo James...Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!





As for the watch....Chris gifted me one last year after my cancer surgery...and I wear it almostevery day...ummm...night I mean. It's my night time watch. Has awesome lume...I charge it during the day with indirect sunlight while it's in its winderand the watch glows until the wee hours of the morning. Yeah...it's not a 50mm big boy...but it's great as a grab and go watch. The Miyota movement keeps great time so I don't worry about having to reset it if it's been in the winder for a day or two.



 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top