Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

WARNING, RANT AHEAD..........

I was driving my wife and daughter to visit my mother earlier today and was cruising on the freeway in the car pool lane doing 64mph (metro Seattle is 60 mph) and had this knucklehead ON MY ASS honking and flashing his lights for me to get over. The car pool lane is to the far left and is clearly marked as HOV and the fast lane is to the right of it. No one was in the actual fast lane and he could have moved over but instead decided to harass me and my family in the HOV lane!!! I hate that some think that since the HOV lane is the furthest to the left it makes it the "Fast Lane"!!!! Felt like pulling out the Glock and........breathe......:madd:madd:madd

Thanks for listening and have a nice day.........:b

CJ

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

LOL Here in New Mexico every lane is the fast lane!!!! We do not car pool lanes, and even though the speed limit in the city is 65, and out of the city is 75, people still haul azz....

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Plain stupid. If my kids aren't with me when stuff like that happens I tend to slow down even more. Eventually they always get tired and go around. Of course you become #1 if you get my drift.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

You see, it wasn't about him going around you it was about you moving out of his way.

These are the most unsafe drivers out there.

Overly aggressive, wanting to dominate the roadway.

Now I drive fast (real fast) but I don't tailgate or do things tointimidate other drivers.

I just go.

To me it's about bobbing and weaving and making "the move" :%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Ha Ha, You guys should come and drive in New Jersey. All lanes are HOV because they are always bumper to bumper. There is no driver courtesy, ever. People will run you off the road if you get in their way. It is like driving in the Thunder Dome.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I remember driving the highways in CT. If you did not go fast they would flat out run you over.

Spaceview wrote:
Ha Ha, You guys should come and drive in New Jersey. All lanes are HOV because they are always bumper to bumper. There is no driver courtesy, ever. People will run you off the road if you get in their way. It is like driving in the Thunder Dome.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Sounds like this guy could have been from the Buckeye State like myself, we have no car-pool lanes and the further left you are is the fast lane. Speed limit is 65 period, Ohio dropped the deadly split limit 55/65 beginning of 2009 so technically all lanes are 65 with 55 as the minimum speed. Used to be 45 minimum.

What is HOV? Heavily Overloaded Vehicle? Highly Obnoxious Vehicle? High Octane Vehicle? Heathen Outspoken Variety? He's Obviously Vicious? Help Outfit Vagabonds? Highly Overpriced Vendors?

I give up.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

What is HOV?
High Occupancy Vehicles

You need two or more people to travel in the lanes or you get a ticket. Meant for commuters.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
What is HOV?
High Occupancy Vehicles

You need two or more people to travel in the lanes or you get a ticket. Meant for commuters.
For criminy sakes, that one never crossed my mind!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
Bad drivers WOW !!!!!!! just thinking about them make my fingernails go through my steering wheel !!!!!!!!!!
Oh now, you know we all expected you'd say your fingernails go through the trigger guard, not the steering wheel.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

No way Jeff, people shoot back at you now a days, Hell one day i was on I35 outta Dallas and this old lady flipped me the bird, man i laughed so hard i thought i blew a Hemorrhoid out, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
No way Jeff, people shoot back at you now a days, Hell one day i was on I35 outta Dallas and this old lady flipped me the bird, man i laughed so hard i thought i blew a Hemorrhoid out, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!
but it was just a bean, right?

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I write many a ticket to those that violate the laws of HOV lane. We caught a guy a while back that was driving in it with a manequin in the front seat. It made national headlines. Only in Utah.

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

Driving Instructor here. Ok, there is no such thing as the "fast lane"! Slower traffic is to stay to the right -the speed limit pertains to ALL lanes!Get's to me when people think that the HOV lane is for going as fast as you want! Don't get me started!!!!! By the way, best carpool lane story - Curb Your Enthusiasm - Larry David picks up a hooker so he can drive in the carpool lane! Inspired.

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

The HOV lanes in Seattle are wild sometimes. I drive a little fast from time to time, but I don't ride someones butt, I will go around you. What I hate about driving the fast lanes in Seattle is that they have on and off ramps from the fast lane, you're going along and someone is trying to merge in front of you at 40mph, it really sucks. And the express lanes are never open when I go through, not that I use them, but it does take some of the jerks and puts them on a diff. road for a while.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Ya know? I don't think it matters where we are driving. I've lived in a number of cities/states. There are sooooooo many drivers that have no clue when it comes to the "rules of the road". They make the roads unsafe in many ways, but the worst offenders are guys like the one that was on your butt. Thing is, as you know, one must always think of family first so in this case it is better to defer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

In Pittsburgh all lanes are the fast lane..you either jump in or die. problem is when you come up on someone who shouldnt even have a drivers licence cause they are 90 and looking for the exit to the mall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.