Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Well, wouldn't the question be is it safe to buy anything from eBay??

The answer is yes, but like with anything, do your homework on the watch you are looking at, the sellers feedback etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sure it is but as Tattoo pointed out make sure you've done your homework and checked out the sellers feedback, return policy and of course the item. eBay and Paypal offer resolution options should anything go wrong for both the buyer and seller. Good luck with your search !

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Feller Freeks:
Buying from "Flea Bay" isn't on my radar. Just isn't.
Most of the 20+ pieces I've bought lately have been
from the Zon.
A few from sellers I know personally or have great
feed back. Just the way I roll!!!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Everyone pretty much hit it, just need to buy the seller. I've bought plenty on Ebay without issue, however I know someone who picked up a Tudor Pelagos that turned out to be counterfeit. PP will refund if that occurs within the appropriate time frame to dispute.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are comfortable with your knowledge of the watch you want to buy, yes it is safe. If you are not comfortable and knowledgeable, a A.D. would be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I've purchased more than a few, successfully. The one I didn't receive, eBay refunded me for, in full, promptly. As others said, do a bit of due diligence, but otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much. Expensive watches that could be fake are another story though, I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're worried about a watch, I would do some research on both the seller and their accepted forms of payment (paypal for safety). If you decide to move forward with a purchase, upon receiving the watch, one should take it to a respected/trusted local watchmaker just to be sure.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts

Reactions: Will3020

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just my experience on ebay, but I have never had a problem that was not resolved.

As crazy as it sounds the biggest headache was buying on another watch forum, the watch had a big ole gash in the case. I guess the pics were taken before the gash, IDK.

The member had a zillion positive reviews.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd make sure they're a seller in good standing (several hundred sales preferred) and ask for any additional photos. If you're in the same area as the seller, most will allow you to come see the watch. There are also tons of services which allow you to ship the watch for review at their secure facility and they mediate the purchase

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I read feed back from watchuseek forum which a buyer was fleece on his purchase of a watch

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I read feed back from watchuseek forum which a buyer was fleece on his purchase of a watch

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

That's why you should always use PayPal or ChasePay so you can dispute the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts