·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Nice lookin watch - i personally dont like the gunmetal look but it is nice lookin

you're right that makes it look kinda tacky IMO

here's a link to the SS TT version -that i like alot but again -tacky
and i dont think its worth $497 with a quartz movement????
i dont know seems like alot these days - the ltd edition thing would definitely HINDER me buying it BIG TIME as it looks very tacky to me

if i have a ltd ed watch -i will know it and dont need it on the watch like that to SHOW it!!

http://www.shopnbc.com/Renato_Men_s_T_Rex_Two_Tone_Stainless_Steel_Swiss_Chronograph_Diver_Watch/J178085.aspx?storeid=1&track=2141&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&page=LIST&category=Watches|t311&prop=Renato|2141

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

here is the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Well, they had me until that. C'mon! I have to add that I really like the watch otherwise. I'm a huge gunmetal and Rex Diver fan, but not sure if I can get past that.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

What pisses me off is I finally found a T-Rex diver I like and they do that to it!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Can't say that it really bothers me, but this is one I would need to see "live" to make a buying decision.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I can understand why this would bother you Ron. I personally don't like Limited Edition anywhere, but on the caseback.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Uhhh...why did they do that???? That was all I could think when I saw the watch!!!!! It mde no sense at all to me...first time I have thought that of a Renato.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
Uhhh...why did they do that???? That was all I could think when I saw the watch!!!!! It mde no sense at all to me...first time I have thought that of a Renato.
So sad I liked that combo too! One day i will own a Renato, just not this day!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

it is a shame as i might even have bitten on that one had it not had that on there

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Ironic that something Renato thought would be a "selling point" (limited edition on the bezel for Pete's sake) turns out to be a feature most find unappealing, so much so that they wouldn't buy the watch.

I remember going to the Shot Show (gun show) a few years back and saw a new 1911 .45 that in every respect was very cool, except for the laser etched writing as wide as the slide saying what it was.....duh. I asked the salesman if this was done just for the show and he said no. I told him it that it would prevent me from buying and he said "well that's just one opinon" and I said as a consumer would you not consider my concerns valid? A couple days later I went back to the booth and overheard the same salesman telling a guy that the etching was just for the show and that the production versions would not have the writing............He saw me listening and turned his back to me LOL.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

they learn the hard way - kinda like Invicta pushing those PERF dials -i bet they thought that would sell alot of pieces -i dont think so!!

JMHO

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
they learn the hard way - kinda like Invicta pushing those PERF dials -i bet they thought that would sell alot of pieces -i dont think so!!

JMHO
Perforated dials, Ugh!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts