Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Over 60% of the time that I post in a thread, the font and color that I select during my entry changes the moment that I hit submit. It doesn't happen when I send emails or post in another forum, only here. Has this happened to anyone else. It's been going on for awhile and it's getting a little irritating. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but irritating nonetheless.

Case in point. It just happened in this thread! This isn't the font and color I selected WTF?!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Over 60% of the time that I post in a thread, the font and color that I select during my entry changes the moment that I hit submit. It doesn't happen when I send emails or post in another forum, only here. Has this happened to anyone else. It's been going on for awhile and it's getting a little irritating. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but irritating nonetheless.

Case in point. It just happened in this thread! This isn't the font and color I selected WTF?!!
Never happened to me TK...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

does not happen with me either? not sure why you are having that issue Tuna.

Question - what browser are you using?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

That is weird TK.....:BE Never happe[sub][sup]ns to me???

CJ
[/sup][/sub]
TUNAKLLR wrote:

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:

TK,

Are you sure your not just color-blind all of the sudden? :%:%:lol:c

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I've noticed this from the start. I use Firefox.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
me to and no problems. not sure why it is happening to you. Might be a FF setting?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I've had numerous instances with things "changing" from the time I type them to when I post them.

I've learned to adapt (somewhat), and actually hadn't thought about them in some time.

First off . . . the font size that appears on the screen is RARELY the size I select. It always drops in size!

Also, if I "edit" a post . . . it can take up to 30 seconds for my original text to appear . . . only then can I start typing. If I begin typing as soon as I click on the "edit" keys, it wipes out text (or the entire post) that was previously written.

Several of the emoticons don't work by just clicking and adding them to the text. The only way that I can get some of the emoticons to appear in my post is to right click, save image location, then enter it as a photo (using the Insert Image button).

BTW: I use Firefox, as well.

EDIT: Another "one" showed up while previewing this post . . .

If while typing a post, if I scroll down the screen to check out something that was previously written by someone, then scroll back up to the area where I type my message . . . a series of black lines runs horizontally across the "box area" where you type the message. Ultimately, these lines, disappear whn I hit enter, but until then, they are annoying as it sometimes interferes with proofreading, before submitting.

I'll take a screen capture then next time it happens.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Tuna and Current -
Even though I am not experiencing the things you posted about I have copied your posts and comments and posted them for feedback on the software help forum where this software is from. I will see if they have any feedback and report back.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Damn Rick! It looks as if you have it worse than I do.Thanks for the suggestion Dedward and thanks for posting this in another forum James.
:lol

It's not that bad. However, my misspellings aren't always because I don't pay attention . . . I can't read the words.

:lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

1) the color change is a bug and seems to have issues in Firefox mainly. hopefully this will be adjusted or fixed in future versions of the software - obviously there is no issue with just using normal black. I only added the extra color options as an extra feature.

2) Rick - regarding the lines you posted in the picture, no one can reproduce that issue. Here is what was suggested by the forum software guys -
-----------
Those lines are a hardware problem from the user's graphics card, not from UltraBB or Firefox.
The user should try upgrading his graphics driver from the web, and/or reducing the Hardware Acceleration setting in the Windows Display Properties.
(Right-click on a blank area of the desktop > Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button > Troubleshoot tab)
-----------

3) :whatever::(:%:b:c:lol:t:b:madd:pic:):WW:pk:BE:b:wf - I just clicked on all 16 of the emoticons and they all posted normally as shown here. I have now done this on 3 different computers with no problems.

I am still going through everything else on the board to find bugs. Have not found any others yet.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
1) the color change is a bug and seems to have issues in Firefox mainly. hopefully this will be adjusted or fixed in future versions of the software - obviously there is no issue with just using normal black. I only added the extra color options as an extra feature.

2) Rick - regarding the lines you posted in the picture, no one can reproduce that issue. Here is what was suggested by the forum software guys -
-----------
Those lines are a hardware problem from the user's graphics card, not from UltraBB or Firefox.
The user should try upgrading his graphics driver from the web, and/or reducing the Hardware Acceleration setting in the Windows Display Properties.
(Right-click on a blank area of the desktop > Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button > Troubleshoot tab)
-----------

3) :whatever::(:%:b:c:lol:t:b:madd:pic:):WW:pk:BE:b:wf - I just clicked on all 16 of the emoticons and they all posted normally as shown here. I have now done this on 3 different computers with no problems.

I am still going through everything else on the board to find bugs. Have not found any others yet.
Thanks for the update, James.

I will do what you suggested.

As for the emoticons . . . if you look at what appears after posting, you'll see that the "banana", and "banghead" come out as "bouncing". This was the only issues I had with them. :)

Banana = :b

Banghead = :b

Bouncing = :b

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Interesting. I did not see that. That has to be something I messed up. Let me go check the coding.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

:b:l:eek:

OK I fixed that one - those should work now without any problems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.