Watch Freeks banner

Invicta warranty is over

4K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  Roarry 
#1 ·
Today after 3 years my 0514 stop working.

Even after 24 hours of winding followed by violent shaking no movement...
that is "famous" Swiss Made movement, my Invicta finally have said:
I have to stop, I'm tired, I need some rest and a few $$$ infusion in repair.

I was expecting to see something like that would happen in 10 years...
okay 5, but after 3 years... well, everyone who are still prizing Invictas...
take cold shower and think again.

I wounder how many 0514s over there that have the same problem?
Only 1200 of them made? Now that make sense cause Invicta will have only
limited to 1200 amount of complains.

Any suggestion on how to deal with Invicta after warranty is over?

:)

#2 ·
Fuhgeddaboudit

1. Forget about it - the issue is not worth the time, energy, mental effort, or emotional resources.

#11 ·
If the watch means a lot to you, call customer service, get a quote or see what they have to say.
I call and they told me it cost me $72 with shipment back included but...
I think little girl on a phone think I want them to take a look at my watch
and to say sorry without fix it.
$72???

Or, go to a local watch repair shop and get him to fix it for you.
Local guy told me $350...
LOL, it's just another way to tell me: take your watch and go away

Last option, forget about it.
See above

:)

#12 ·
Well you have basically exhausted all options we have described to you.

You can send your watch to Invicta. Have them look it over for $72. Yes that is to diagnose your watch. They will then contact you as to how much it will cost to fix the thing.

Or you can take it to another watch maker and get another quote from them and ask what they think needs to be done.

But if you do not want to pay a watch maker to fix it or Invicta to diagnose it, then it seems like your only option is buy another one if you don't want to pay to fix the watch or fix it yourself.

A lot of people on this board own $600 watches. I myself do not own a watch over $800.

#13 ·
maybe PM GANSON at this forum...

i think he recently posted a place to repair watches in the mail...reputabley...

maybe IWW ?

- $600 is a lot of $$$

in a cost benefit analysis it is probably worth investing a couple hundred to repair....

unless you just write the watch off and consider the $200 repair costs a downpayment on a new watch under warranty and finance the rest on PAYPAL BILL ME LATER... with 6 months no interest-

there are lots of great watches available from the EUROZONE (STEINWAY) and JAPAN (SEIKO)

#14 ·
What what movement does it have?

It might be cheaper to buy a whole movement, have a local guy swap it out (probably for about $40-$100), and then sell the dud movement on ebay to recoup some of the cost.

Also, Invicta and warranties? I've never heard a story of that ending well.

#19 ·
For a chrono movement like that, I'm afraid $350 is on the low end of a good service.

According to Jack at IWW's price list, he starts at $395 for chrono service.

A new movement probably around $500.

Now, you could look into an ETA7750. I've heard that the SW500 could be used as a drop in replacement for the 7750, so it might work the other way around. They are just as pricey, BUT there are decent Chinese clones out there that can be had for cheap. You could put one of those in to hold you over until you can get the real thing again.

That's all I can think of.

#33 ·
Excuse me, Miss, but I must respectfully disagree. You're new here, and it's ready when starting out to fall into traps like that. If it were any other brand (also except Sturdling Original) I would agree that the sentimental value alone makes it worthwhile. But it's better to quit before you're not too far behind with Invicta.

:smileyface_hand_cla

On a more positive note, may I say what a pleasure it is to have a member of the fairer sex posting on the forum. Welcome!

:smile-thumb2:

#27 ·
$5000.00 invicta. Never heard of that. But if thats true. Then 350 to 450 is reasonable. Every other 5000.00 watch cost 350 to 500 for service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#35 ·
Sorry for your troubles. It sounds like you like the watch a lot but the repair is going to cost you more than you bargained for, and that is what is weighing heavily on your mind.

To add insult to injury, Invicta CS is a gamble, it's generally viewed as expensive, very slow, and some have reported that the workmanship is not very reliable, but on the other hand a non-Invicta repair shop can also be a risk.

I've sold a few watches that cost less than $100 when I stopped liking them, and now I kick myself for doing it and I wish I had them back. I've also given away and even thrown away watches that cost under $100 when I stopped liking them, with no regrets. To fix or not to fix a $600 watch, it's a tough personal decision.

In the end when the repairs on your car start to nickel and dime you, it's not a fun decision but it's time to cut your losses and buy another car. Perhaps you should consider swallowing hard and selling the watch as is and buying a new watch with the money you would have spent on repairs.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.