Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I already own a few dive watches. Superocean 44" and an Aquaracer. The reason why I speficially asked about this Invicta model is that it claims to have swiss automatic movement, shappaire glass, and 600m WR.

But I am curious, why would you recommend against it?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Cypher:
Don't want to dampen your enthusiam of your acquisition.
It was your money so enjoy your choice.
But on the other hand I gotta chime in with Tatoo Chef.
He's offering some quality advice. Nuff said before I go
into an Anti Invicter rant.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Cypher:
He (Tatoo Chef) doesn't recommend Invicta because he knows
the company in Bollywood Florida's track record. Mainly BAD
C S, and other issues too numerous to expound on.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Before you proceed, do some research on the Invicta brand. Take your time and form an opinion. The MSR prices are hugely inflated, some watches are offered at almost one tenth of the asking price. That means a lot if you have to pay 28 bucks just for return shipping.

But it is your choice, not ours. I'm a great fan of micro brand watches myself, the quality and CS are almost always outstanding because the businesses are small with proud owners. Not huge factories and retail channels where no one seems responsible. But those watches are also subject to strong personal preference and sometimes not everybody's cup op tea.

B.t.w., don't know if you already purchased it.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I didn't purchase it. I am probably not going to after some research today. People are complaining about poor materials and leaking!

I love the look of the Steinhart Ocean 44. Does anyone recommend any other mico brands? Its either get a few mico brands now or save for the sub.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
No I didn't purchase it. I am probably not going to after some research today. People are complaining about poor materials and leaking!

I love the look of the Steinhart Ocean 44. Does anyone recommend any other mico brands? Its either get a few mico brands now or save for the sub.

So many out there. On the lower end, Obris Morgan and Anstead are my favorites. Then Boschett Reef Ranger 2 and the Harpoon, H20 brand, Benarus..I can go on and on.
Check out Watchreport.com for reviews and here as well on watchfreeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Might want to give it another thought. Yes you are getting a Swiss movement. But its not an automatic. Not for $209. Not sure where you got that from. Next best thing though, Ronda Swiss quartz. You get sapphire, screw down crown, 500 meters water resistance, solid link bracelet, 5 year warranty, its a limited edition, comes in a dive case and its on sale. Got to get them while they're on sale.
People talk all day about bad CS and shoddy business practices. But at the end of the day, its what you pay. Who cares what they say the MSRP is. If you like it. Buy it. You have 30 days to review your purchase and can return it anytime for any reason within the 30 days. Micro brands have their problems too (besides high prices). You just never hear about them. On the other hand, Invicta has been a punching bag on every forum I've ever been on for no good reason thats ever been proven. You can find it here.

http://www.evine.com/Product/634-949

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
527 Posts
LOL !!! Same old stuff from the BBB. 200 complaints for hundreds of thousands of watches sold. I'll take those odds anytime.
Are you Invicta Lyin'?

Fake materials, fake Swiss Made labeling, incorrect movements, hands floating around inside the case, flimsy silicone straps that can be torn in half with ease (as proved by Eyore on live teevee)... and that's just the start.

It's not just the lousy QA/QC and atrocious customer service (warranty fee, anyone?). They are genuinely shi##y watches by design.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Are you Invicta Lyin'?

Fake materials, fake Swiss Made labeling, incorrect movements, hands floating around inside the case, flimsy silicone straps that can be torn in half with ease (as proved by Eyore on live teevee)... and that's just the start.

It's not just the lousy QA/QC and atrocious customer service (warranty fee, anyone?). They are genuinely shi##y watches by design.
None of that stuff going on with any Invicta I purchased. Guess I got all the good ones.
Who is Eyore ? And why would it purposely break a watchband ? You do know that if I try hard enough, I can break a bracelet off a Rolex. Exactly what does that prove ? :confused:

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
He is referring to the CEO of Invicta. He tore one by mistake during an on air presentation.

There are a bunch of documented reports of issues with Invicta products. From misrepresentation of where their watches are manufactured, to the actual components contained in the watches as well as poor quality control and lacking customer service. This is all documented on several of the online forums and doesn't need to be gone into in any further detail.

I suggest that if folks want to purchase their watches that they do so with their eyes wide open and fully educated on the brand's background.

Buy what you like, like what you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
The older model Invictas from a decade or so back are of much higher quality.

If you like the brand and can find one that is gently used, IMO that's the way to go.
You said it. I'm talking 1999, when their Sub clone was still hard to find in Europe. High quality watch for the money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Invicta's can be fantastic

I have been wearing an Invicta 3079 for several years now, it's definitely my favorite watch, I always come back to it. Very sturdy, sapphire crystal is perfect, I have smashed this thing against so many things and it still just keeps on trucking and looking great. I think if you get reserve level quality, Swiss made, with what Invicta calls "Sea Base Execution" (which basically means sapphire crystal) you really shouldn't have any problems with this watch. For the price, it is an outstanding deal

I just purchased the 18004 from Evine, the blue face version of the 18002, I'll report back once I get it. I'm not sure if I will like the larger case size, I'm used to 44mm, but we'll see. for $188, it is really a no brainer especially considering my past good experience. Don't order from Ebay though-there are a few scammers that sell defective items as new, possibly where Invicta gets a large portion of their bad reviews.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts