Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have to say that this model of the Scuba is not only one of Invicta's best watches, but also one of my personal favorite models as far as how it looks and feels on my wrist and the satisfaction I get out of wearing it. I have the all silver model, but would also like a blue one in the future.

The watch is on par with all of the "Reserve" Invicta watches I own. It just is. The weight, feel, and look is just as nice. It is a very large watch and 52mm if you include the crown. It sits VERY high on the wrist which gives it even more of a presence on your arm.

Other then the bracelet on my SAS, this IS the best Invicta bracelet I have ever had, period. It is VERY wide (26mm but feels wider) and heavy, as well as being a super cool design. I love this bracelet.

The dial, especially on my all silver model is really classy. It has a venom feel with the big white lum dots on the hour markers and the silver dial just shines in the light. The smaller second dial is placed well and the small blue hand is the perfect contrast against the silver dial color. The skeleton hands are all lum'd and also fit the style well. The case back is etched and nice also.

The actual watch case is curved so the big height is not an issue on how it sites on your wrist. It is very comfortable and surprisingly so for a watch this large and heavy.

My only issue with the dial design in the past has been the date window. It is large and shows multiple dates. I just don't see the point of it, especially with every other number being a dot instead of a number. I would prefer to have seen either a date window that only shows one day at a time, or all numbers printed and no "dots". But this is not a terrible thing either way.

We have discussed some of this model's other "issues" in the past. Yes the crown should be a screw down and it is not. But for me I don't care about this since I am not diving with my watches, or wearing them in the shower, etc. And to be honest the crown on this watch is big and very cool feature I like a lot. I guess it might be nice if it was an automatic, but this also is not that big of a thing to me.

This watch has ranged in price from $110 to $200. For its design, weight, overall size, and bracelet I feel it is an excellent deal, and maybe the best Invicta has (honestly). I can see this watch eventually being for sale in the $99 range which would really be a great price for a substantial watch like this. Until you actually see and hold one of these watches you really do not understand the style, overall design, weight and size of this watch.

[*]Bracelet: Stainless steel [*]Movement: Swiss ISA 8176 Quartz GMT [*]Crystal: Mineral [*]Crown: Push/pull [*]Clasp: Deployant [*]Bracelet Measurements: 9-1/4" L x 26mm W [*]Case Measurements: 48mm [*]Water Resistance: 10 ATM - 100 meters - 330 feet [*]Model Numbers: Black: IN6089 / Blue: IN6090 / Silver-tone: IN6091

Click here for the ShopNBC Listing.

Here are some pictures I took today. Enjoy the pics.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Those are some very nice pics. I really like the way it sits on your wrist. The case and bracelet have excellent presentation together.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

if it is a helium release then that would explain why my voice is so high everytime I wear the watch, lol

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

James I went back and looked over this again....the bracelet is just insane. I am going to love this watch I bet. No way this one should ever sell for $110 is what I bet I feel after I get it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Mike I am wearing it now. I know it says 26mm, but the way it attaches to the case makes it feel like 28mm and it is HEAVY. The watch rocks.

I just told my wife that I am pissed off at myself for not buying the blue one for $109 yesterday.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

you see -i missed a deal - when the heck was that watch $109???

i woulda jumped all over that one!!!

Damn i miss everything

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

My wife got me the black version last night for $109.....

WATCHURSELF wrote:

Damn i miss everything

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

Damn i miss everything
yesterday on the Shop with value pays. I am willing to bet we will see that deal again over Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
thats like dirt cheap for that watch!!!
I know, I was going back and forth between picking up the blue one and I SHOULD have. I believe we will see the same price again on Thursday - Saturday.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i might have to pick 1 up then!!

TVDinner wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:
thats like dirt cheap for that watch!!!
I know, I was going back and forth between picking up the blue one and I SHOULD have. I believe we will see the same price again on Thursday - Saturday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts