Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
WOW!! This is the only Lupah that even appeals to me. This is a great price. Weren't these about $800 when they first debuted?
Hi Rob, I can not remember the price when it first appeared but it was much more expensive than this Invicta Shark price.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
They were like $750. This is a great deal. Mine shipped from Gilt Friday and I'll tell you on Tuesday about the quality. I'll give you a great deal on it if it stinks, LOL.
This watch got hammered in the reviews on ShopNBC. I think for the most part people were dissapointed with the Meteorite version though. What did Gilt charge for this? Wasn't it like $239 or something crazy like that?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I really like this timepiece. Does anybody own one that can chime in on their quality?
Hi Rob, these Lupahs put me in the NBZ. I purchased the meteorite dial reseve Lupah offered last week from Invicta Shark.It arrived yesterday. I have not photographed it yet for posting but the watch I received was new. It was fully wrapped, with the cannot return if removed tag. It also had an inspection tag from Invicta showing that it was inspected on 6/2/09. I cannot see how the watch I recieived could be a return. Just be advised that I did not receive a Reseve box just the smaller yellow Invicta clam shell. The box is not important but the watch I was sent, I like!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
I really like this timepiece. Does anybody own one that can chime in on their quality?
Hi Rob, these Lupahs put me in the NBZ. I purchased the meteorite dial reseve Lupah offered last week from Invicta Shark.It arrived yesterday. I have not photographed it yet for posting but the watch I received was new. It was fully wrapped, with the cannot return if removed tag. It also had an inspection tag from Invicta showing that it was inspected on 6/2/09. I cannot see how the watch I recieived could be a return. Just be advised that I did not receive a Reseve box just the smaller yellow Invicta clam shell. The box is not important but the watch I was sent, I like!
That's good to know. How accurate is it keeping time? I'm very impressed with the SII movements.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
That's good to know. How accurate is it keeping time? I'm very impressed with the SII movements.
Rob, give me a couple moments I will check for you.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Rob, give me a couple moments I will check for you.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Hi Rob, I adjusted it Friday to the atomic clock at 7;30 PM. I just checked it with the atonic clock at 12:44 AM Sunday morning. I will say in aproximately 29 hoursmy Lupahgained +3 seconds. I just hand wound it and it has not been in a watch winder.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Hi Rob, I adjusted it Friday to the atomic clock at 7;30 PM. I just checked it with the atonic clock at 12:44 AM Sunday morning. I will say in aproximately 29 hoursmy Lupahgained +3 seconds. I just hand wound it and it has not been in a watch winder.
WOW!! That's great. My Swiss Movements aren't even that accurate. Thanks for checking Bob.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

THAT'S AWESOME NEWS, BOB!

I knew they shipped in the little yellow clamshell, but I was a bit concerned they were returns. The watch had a LOT of controversy surrounding it, but for under $300, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

One very interesting thing... NO VIDEO on the listing on ShopNBC. I usually go back and watch the videos when I "bottom-feed" for old closeouts and second hand watches, but this one doesn't have a video. I have a theory, but I won't post it...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Bob wrote:
WOW!! That's great. My Swiss Movements aren't even that accurate. Thanks for checking Bob.
I am impressed too. I wish we could check with a few more folks to see if their results are the same. If you are thinking about the Sandstone Lupah, check out the return policy with Invicta Shark. Just in cas. They seem to be a good place to deal with. ....Bob

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Bob wrote:
I am impressed too. I wish we could check with a few more folks to see if their results are the same. If you are thinking about the Sandstone Lupah, check out the return policy with Invicta Shark. Just in cas. They seem to be a good place to deal with. ....Bob
I hear that. The reviews on the Shop weren't so great, but then again most of those that reviewed it were expecting alot more for what they payed at the shop. They also had some issues with it being a Reserve piece and that it came in a small yellow box.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

argabright wrote:
THAT'S AWESOME NEWS, BOB!

I knew they shipped in the little yellow clamshell, but I was a bit concerned they were returns. The watch had a LOT of controversy surrounding it, but for under $300, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

One very interesting thing... NO VIDEO on the listing on ShopNBC. I usually go back and watch the videos when I "bottom-feed" for old closeouts and second hand watches, but this one doesn't have a video. I have a theory, but I won't post it...
Hi David, I won't post my thoughts either but I bet they are the same as yours. I also checked for the video, I found none. I also looked at YouTube just in case somebody recorded the sale presentation but no luck there either.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.