Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is my leather band has fallen apart and I am wondering does the new band come with the metal attached to the leather ? If so do I just unscrew the screws on each end of the band to remove the rest of the band? Newbie:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a great question.

I looked up your watch on the net and found some very clear images for it, so I understand where you are coming from.

It looks as though the leather portion is attached with standard pins, so a replacement might just be the leather portion. And that would probably be a good thing (considering the probable very expensive entire band with the SS ends).

The watch is a 2011 model, so is there any chance that it is still under warranty? If so, you can follow the directions on the Invicta website and send it back for warranty replacement.

If not, I'd call their customer service (despite the horrible reports about their lack of customer service, I have personally found them to be helpful on two different issues- I'm not denying the negative reports, all I'm saying is that my two contacts with them ended with positive results). Ask the folks there what would be needed to make your watch useful again. They'll know.

I would also look into purchasing a second strap just in case you need one in the future and they might possibly no longer be available. I did that with a few of my Seiko's and Citizen's and it has worked out very well for me. When other folks have to go the aftermarket route, I still have 20+ year old timepieces with OEM bands.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did call Invicta and they said the band was not under warranty. But I did order one and yes the SS ends are on the band I think it was 80.00 so I have one on the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts