Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This has to be one of the greatest watches ever made for just about anybody. The following is my reasoning for that...my opinion only, looking forward to hearing others opinion on it.

This watch is about perfectly sized. Not only do many in the "big watch crowd" love the size, but the smaller watch crowd also seem to like it and dont think it is "too big".

You want a watch that looks sporty and can be worn with jeans and a t-shirt? This is it. You want one that can be worn with a suit in the board room? This is it!!!

You like a watch that is thick while at the same time is thin enough for long sleeved dress shirts, this model has you covered.

Best of all, I feel this is one of Invictas well proven models with excellent durability, classy looks and sporty looks all rolled into one.

It is more able to fill multiple situations than just about any other watch I can think of.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I agree 100% and always have. Personally I think they should be promoting the Grand Diver line as much as the silly Bolt or others.

The GD are larger in size at 47mm. They are heavy. They come in both automatic and quartz and have a TON of variety in styles and options. Currently I only own 2 of them, but plan to purchase more in the future. It is my favorite all around affordable line from Invicta.

Furthermore, it was a Grand Diver model that FIRST got me interested in the entire Invicta line of watches at all. I have yet to purchase this model, but here is what it looks like (similar to my blue one above, but all black). It has been sold out for a long long time and I continue to search for one to purchase.

I also VERY MUCH would like to find a yellow Grand Diver to add to my collection - also very hard to find.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

the current models available of the grand diver , came out years ago, probably about 4 years now easy. with invicta , certain models always seem to go on the back burner, with them making new model after new model all the time.

i know the grand diver is one of the most popular lines though, and i have owned a couple myslef.

i had the same blue on blue that you had, great looking watch.....i would actually like to find the elusive orange dial grand diver.

but eyal did say that the grand diver would be the first watch with tritium tubes, wich i think will be out by years end if im not mistaken. very interested to see what that will look like.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]I have three of these, one in black dial and two in blue dial.[/align]
[align=center]PM me if interested.[/align]

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

TV - check out mywatchworld.com and watchzworld.com

also amazon.com gets some occasionally -mostly the dark blue one (which looks purple)

also if you do a search on Google with the model # you will find some links that may lead you to it

it is a great watch i agree with the op 100% i have 4 GD's
and love them all

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
TV - check out mywatchworld.com and watchzworld.com

also amazon.com gets some occasionally -mostly the dark blue one (which looks purple)

also if you do a search on Google with the model # you will find some links that may lead you to it

it is a great watch i agree with the op 100% i have 4 GD's
and love them all
I am all good now my friend - I actually am getting the a yellow one this week from my friend watchcollector1968. I am very excited.

Thank you again watchcollector1968!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have to agree. I've never come across so beautiful a watch for such a low price. I personally prefer the 3049 GT and I can't wait for the thing to get here. I am dying to hold it in my hands. :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's definitely a sleeper watch. If it had a coin edged bezel, I'd love it more. I dismantled mine a year or so ago trying to remove Invicta off the dial and never put it back together. Probably one of the best buys out there as it can be had for under $150 an sometimes as low as $100.

What I don't like about the watch is the cyclops (though I removed it) and the writing on the side of the case is also a turn off for me.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Even though I am not a huge fan of diver watches (They all look alike to me). I agree with the Grand Diver is probably one of the best watch purchases you can make if you love divers.

I have to admit I am a big fan of the brand. Since I got my first Invicta as a gift from an Ex GF years ago. I have loved them ever since. Later I got several more from her. She had dozens of watches in her office they gave as gifts/incentives. When the company merged with a larger company the closed the offices here in Mass they moved to NYC. Everything here either was given away or sold. She had over 200 watches in her closet. I got a lot of them! There were over a dozen Invicta models. I grabbed one of each as well as one of each of dozen other brands. I scored over 65 watches!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts