Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
So much rubber!!! Did Invicta buy a bunch of Bridgestone stock?
Are ya diggin all the rubber? Not me:(

CJ
No I am not a huge rubber guy either, although I own probably 10 rubber watches. But I truly understand why they are doing it. Very smart business move, if they can remove $30 out of every watch, then they will continue too cater to the people they are marketing. A lot of people on here and other boards complain about Invicta, but they are so F-ing smart during this down turn it is incredible!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I do not like rubber straps on any watches regardless of the brand. The only watch I currently have on a rubber strap is my Orca, and I would swap that out in a second if I had the metal bracelet for it.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Oh trust me Rip, it's never been a question of their business savvy. They clearly know what they're doing.

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
Seattle wrote:
So much rubber!!! Did Invicta buy a bunch of Bridgestone stock?
Are ya diggin all the rubber? Not me:(

CJ
No I am not a huge rubber guy either, although I own probably 10 rubber watches. But I truly understand why they are doing it. Very smart business move, if they can remove $30 out of every watch, then they will continue too cater to the people they are marketing. A lot of people on here and other boards complain about Invicta, but they are so F-ing smart during this down turn it is incredible!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

I bought the Rose/Black Reserve Subaqua...I don't mind with the bolts/trim built in; and lightens it a little...can't wait.......also got the watch box tower and it is very nice.....great quality for $100

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

dctex99 wrote:
I bought the Rose/Black Reserve Subaqua...I don't mind with the bolts/trim built in; and lightens it a little...can't wait.......also got the watch box tower and it is very nice.....great quality for $100
Congrats two very good items you got coming!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I own 8 timepieces on rubber, but I would say that the majority of my collection is on SS bracelets. I think there are pros and cons to both rubber and SS. The rubber ones are nice because if I bang into a wall or door jamb it usually doesn't leave a mark on the band whereas with a SS it will surely leave a scratch, blemish or a dent. I think rubber is much more comfortable too. Now when it comes to looks the SS is my favorite hands down.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Yeah WG, I still kick myself for not getting on the Sea Vulture band wagon.....it was the rubber that stopped me but in retrospect I wish I would have pulled the trigger.

Watchguru58 wrote:
I own 8 timepieces on rubber, but I would say that the majority of my collection is on SS bracelets. I think there are pros and cons to both rubber and SS. The rubber ones are nice because if I bang into a wall or door jamb it usually doesn't leave a mark on the band whereas with a SS it will surely leave a scratch, blemish or a dent. I think rubber is much more comfortable too. Now when it comes to looks the SS is my favorite hands down.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Yeah WG, I still kick myself for not getting on the Sea Vulture band wagon.....it was the rubber that stopped me but in retrospect I wish I would have pulled the trigger.

Watchguru58 wrote:
That's the only rubber strap watch I still wear. Get one, they are GREAT!

David

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I have never been a fan of rubber. Don't own anything on rubber. Even though some really high-end brands are using it, Ullyses Nardin et al, it has always seemed cheap to me . . . nothing to do with the comfort or feel. Give me metal or leather, or give me nothing . . .. :madd

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . I have never been a fan of rubber. Don't own anything on rubber. Even though some really high-end brands are using it, Ullyses Nardin et al, it has always seemed cheap to me . . . nothing to do with the comfort or feel. Give me metal or leather, or give me nothing . . .. :madd
Have you ever bought a good rubber strapped watch? If you want to try one, I will be more then happy to send you one in the mail to try!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . You are awesome to make me the offer Ron!!!! But I'll respectfully and courteously take a pass . . .I'll tell you this, I've never put the rubber on my Autopilot, It's never been out of the box . . . .

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . You are awesome to make me the offer Ron!!!! But I'll respectfully and courteously take a pass . . .I'll tell you this, I've never put the rubber on my Autopilot, It's never been out of the box . . . .
No problem Brother I am like that with Leather so I here ya! Anything I have you want to try just let me know!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.