Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had another watch arrive on Thursday and finally got it sized last night.

It is the Invicta 6056 - Orange Automatic Pro Diver. This one - http://www.shopnbc.com/PRODUCT/?track=-20301;&familyid=J177240&cm_re=Search-_-family-_-N

I have a mixed review. Some good and some not so good. I won't say "bad" because I still do like the watch overall.

While I LOVE the look of the watch with it's rich orange bezel and orange inner ring and black inner dial - I have to admit that this is the first Invicta watch I have ever received (OF ANY PRICE RANGE (high or low)) that feels.....cheap or more accurately:cheapER.

Let me explain further. The size and weight of the case are nice. It is "Grand Diver" size large and has a pretty good weight overall. The coin edge is nicely done and overall the colors are rich (the orange and black). The new exhibition back is also pretty cool with Invicta Watch Group written inside in a neat script font. The lum on the hands is excellent, and pretty good on the other markers. I like the blue second hand. So far the movement is smooth and seems to be accurate.

But the band is the initial problem (for me). It feels and sounds (more below) incredibly inexpensive, even compared to some other "lower priced" models I own or have seen. It there anything wrong with the band - NO. But it does rattle A TON and that alone "cheapens" the entire impression of the watch to me. The clasp also is not smooth to close and latch and then put the fold down piece down on. It all seems somewhat...forced

NOW ALL OF THAT BEING SAID .... IT WAS A CHEAPER WATCH to buy compared to some of the other ones. I purchased it at the $67 price that was advertised on the shopnbc TV show. It is currently being sold for $136 (but sold out).

At $67 watch this is a keeper. At $136 I would probably have to consider using the money towards a different, potentially higher end model.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

It looks nice but not sure if you saw in your own picture the seperation of the band from the case of the watch. That is where your rattling is originating from probably. You might not be able to fix that with a metal band. A rubber or leather band might be the way to go if it really bothers you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts