Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this watch ?

Its a high polish black. Looks nice but I cant find any info on it. I'm a bit concerned its a costum job or a fake ....

Thanks, P.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
It's always possible it could be a knockoff. It's actually easier for a company to knock off watches that will not be inspected as much as a very high end brand. The amount of fake G Shock watches out there is shocking!!! I have come across fake Timex, Seiko, Pulsar, Casio, Citizens more than I have the high end brands. I am sure there are plenty of fake Invictas out there that ppl don't realize are fake and are wearing them right now without a clue. When a company uses a common movement like a Seiko, Ronda or Miyota it's not an expensive process to put in the correct movement when they cost less than $30.00. I hate to admit it but the quality of some of the knockoffs I have come across are very, very good and hard to tell the real from the fake so much so even experts are fooled.

If you have your doubts and like the style and brand I would compare it to a seller you trust more than the one selling this one. If you pay a few bucks more for piece of mind you'll be better off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi John,

Thats good advise thx. This watch looks a bit fishy. design look etc is awesome. There is a 17377 as Tardis mentions - but on that site it says the watch is titanium - which is usally a very matt finish but this watch is high polish black. Plus i just cant find it anywhere else. The few sellers on ebay look very similiar - they all have that same name band going across the picture so I think it may be one seller with a number of stores.

I think i'll wait a while and see if it starts to show up on the internet in the usual places.

If its legit - its a very very nice design.

Thx.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi John,

Thats good advise thx. This watch looks a bit fishy. design look etc is awesome. There is a 17377 as Tardis mentions - but on that site it says the watch is titanium - which is usally a very matt finish but this watch is high polish black. Plus i just cant find it anywhere else. The few sellers on ebay look very similiar - they all have that same name band going across the picture so I think it may be one seller with a number of stores.

I think i'll wait a while and see if it starts to show up on the internet in the usual places.

If its legit - its a very very nice design.

Thx.
See my PM to you.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I checked out the sellers page and he has 100% feedback IMO I would say he's got to be fairly honest. As far as the Titanium goes I have seen highly polished Titanium watches here and there. Invicta says it's Titanium and SS not sure what parts are made of what though, it could be the case is SS the Bezel Titanium and sections of the bracelet. The pic Invicta shows on the web site is a drawing not a pic so it's not a good representation of the actual watch. IMO the Sub Aqua is a fantastic watch that price is about the average for that watch. I have had a couple in the past would love to find another to put back in the collection but I am a the type to try and find it for the absolute lowest price around and I will wait until one pops up new or used for a price I can live with. If you decide to grab the one you posted or get one elsewhere please don't hesitate to post pics!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
On all the threads I have ever read I have never seen anyone who had any proof of a fake Invicta. I looked for them on the net. They only show knockoffs of the higher end watches.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
A quick Google shows plenty of fake Invictas out of China. Ebay has an article on how to spot fake Invictas.

As was said earlier it's easier and much more common to fake low end watches. Profit per unit can be higher as they are often sold close to real market value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It always pays to be suspicious. Any brand can, and will, be counterfeited if a nefarious someone thinks a profit can be made by doing it.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
On all the threads I have ever read I have never seen anyone who had any proof of a fake Invicta. I looked for them on the net. They only show knockoffs of the higher end watches.
There are instances of fake Seiko SKX models, so there are definitely fakes of relatively inexpensive models out there...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Funny thread!

Cracked up to - who would wanna fake an Invicta! Lol

The watch does look sharp though. Help me out, what's the price on it as posted? :)

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Just saw this post and had to chuckle. I can't imagine anyone knocking off Invicta. That's what Invicta does, not the other way around :)

Unfortunately I have seen posts on other forums of places selling knock off Invictas that cost like $20.
These days there are knockoffs of almost everything, from clothing, shoes, knives, watches, phones, jewelry and the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts