Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been having this problem for months now that I cannot access my gallery or click on any of the icons on the related toolbar without getting an "Invalid Request" message.FYI, I'm running Windows 7 on IE... Any ideas would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I just made a post in your account and the gallery through the back end with no problems. I am using XP at home and 7 at work and both have no issues with the gallery.

I believe this is an issue on your end.

What version of IE are you using?

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'm using IE 10...
I don't doubt it's a problem on my end but I would like to know what it is since I haven't made any changes...

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well, I have 2 PC's one laptop and one desktop both using IE 10 and it doesn't allow me to post from my gallery or click on any of the icons without the error message but my wife's laptop uses IE 9 and it works just fine. Anyone else?:whatever:

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Try Firefox or Chrome. They are both free browsers. I use Chrome.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

using google chrome and I can post from my Gallery page 1 but if I go beyond that I get this:
instead of the picture...

I can click the icons and not get the error message though...:whatever:

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

BigTime738 wrote:
using google chrome and I can post from my Gallery page 1 but if I go beyond that I get this:
instead of the picture...

I can click the icons and not get the error message though...:whatever:
Work around:
Opentheforum in a second tab
Go to gallery
Right click on the picture you want to post
Select copy image
Go to first open forum
Paste the pictureselectedin the post of your choice.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Comes out mini...

There we go... need to open itbut that doesn't explain why I can't select any of the icons without the error message...:eek:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Bingo

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

Go back to IE8 if you can. I tried 10 and it did pretty much the same. So I'm back to 8 for now.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

tinknocker wrote:
Go back to IE8 if you can. I tried 10 and it did pretty much the same. So I'm back to 8 for now.
That's messed up though... for 2 reasons: First, why wouldI have to use an older software version to work with this website? Secondly, I'd have to uninstall IE 10 open up another browser to download IE 9 or older ...I don't think so

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

I have windows 8 and use FF and chrome with no issues.
Never used IE 10.
Keep in mind it's very hard for forum software to keep up with all the new browsers.
New software is being worked on, but even then software will need to be updated as new browsers come out.
It's never ending.

I can use gallery no problem , but mostly I use photobucket.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
I have windows 8 and use FF and chrome with no issues.
Never used IE 10.
Keep in mind it's very hard for forum software to keep up with all the new browsers.
New software is being worked on, but even then software will need to be updated as new browsers come out.
It's never ending.

I can use gallery no problem , but mostly I use photobucket.
I'm sure it's all very complicated... This is the only website I've had issues with but it's also the only one that has the functions that I'm having trouble with... Not a big deal

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

I think the forum works best with Firefox. I was having other issues with FF so I made the switch to Chrome. Chrome has some great features. but overall not as forum friendly. I have the work around for posting pictures that is fine but I also have trouble with formatting when posting text from web sites. I find the formatting issues to be a real PIA...... I do not have either issue with Firefox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts